FL hurricane cleanup still ongoing

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by tradernick, Oct 11, 2004.

1. tradernick

tradernick Coin Hoarder

Here's a few pics I snapped today. This was in a large parking lot in Orlando...half of the lot had been sectioned off and was being used as a dumping ground for limbs and trees. From the huge mound of wood chips I guess they're chipping everything up to be trucked away, or perhaps given away as mulch. This is the only such site I've personally seen but I'm sure there's others, as this big pile is nothing compared to the overall damage. Basically you're seeing one big pile of stuff taken from two different sides. This pile is slightly larger than a football field by my dead reckoning.

Nick

PHOTO1
    PHOTO2
    PHOTO3
    PHOTO4
    PHOTO5
    PHOTO6

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Art

Art Numismatist?

We've got lots of debris on the ground in Ocala. I'm running out of room at the street to stack it without making it impossible to see out of my driveway. Marion County is estimating end of December before debris cleanup is finished.

4. National dealer

National dealer New Member

Well I am glad that both of you are around to have the opportunity to clean up :D

5. tradernick

tradernick Coin Hoarder

Thanks, ND.
    Our street just had the debris from the 1st hurricane picked up last week.
    Still a few big limbs down in the yard that I haven't gotten to yet.
    Ah, well. Good problem to have compared to some others I know.
    Nick

6. Andy

Andy Coin Collector

We didn't get hit by the hurricanes here in Greater Naples but I think thats because I live in a gated community and the gate was down that day.

Draft saved Draft deleted