federal credit current

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Drew, May 14, 2005.

1. Drew

Drew New Member

I have an 1841 copper federal credit current coin front has a 3 masted schooner in full sails... in a circle around the ship is the phrase "federal credit current and date of 1841 at botom... reverse side....has the phrase in a circle "millions for defense".... interior of reverse side has the phrase "not one cent for tribute"with 2 oak leaves...... any help would be appriciated thank you

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. raxafarian

raxafarian New Member

looks like a 'hard times token'. The red book doesn't have one that says 'federal credit current' but does have one that says 'Webster Credit Current' that looks alot like what you are describing. I'm sure there are many varieties that are not included in the red book.

4. Drew

Drew New Member

thanks for info

raxafarian, Thanks for info... is this something to have looked at.. it has no defects to it and looks to me to be in mint worthy condition.... but deffinatly has the word federal on front.... Thank you for any info Drew

5. rbw_10

rbw_10 New Member

6. cwtokenman

cwtokenman Coin Hoarder

Drew, could you post a picture of this piece? I see no listing with the word "Federal", but there are 13 varieties that have "Webster". If it does have "Webster", there are two varieties that match your description, the id's and difference between them is:
    HT 16, plain edge, rarity R1 (common) with a value range of $5 in VG to $100 in UNC
    HT 16A, reeded edge, rarity R9 (unique), $250 in XF.

I would very much like to see what it looks like.

Draft saved Draft deleted