Family Tokens

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by cherylkubucko, May 15, 2009.

1. cherylkubucko

cherylkubucko Grandma Froggie

As many of you know I have been working on my family tree. Well, I have had an overwhelming od e-mail from my mother's side.
    Surnames are: Shreve/SHERIFF, Fairfax, Winchel(l) and Shore(s). As I was surfing the internet I ran cross this site.
    http://www.shrevehistory.com/

In one of the sections I found this
    http://www.shrevehistory.com/Museum-Image-Library.xml

TOKENS

1. Forrest Shreve Award for Desert Research, Annotation: Given to Mary Elsing in 1951
    1a.Forrest Shreve Award for Desert Research, Annotation: Given to Mary Elsing in 1951

2.Henry Miller Shreve Numismatic Convention Medal, Front, Annotation: Louisiana Numismatic Association, Annual Shreveport Convention, June 1968.
    2a. Henry Miller Shreve Numismatic Convention Medal, Back, Annotation: Louisiana Numismatic Association, Annual Shreveport Convention, June

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. byrd740

byrd740 Numismatist

Well, thats pretty neat!

4. cherylkubucko

A few More

Tokens

Top Wooden Nickels
    Wooden Nickel, Shreve's Market, Wichita Kansas, Annotation: 1861 - 1961 Kansas Centennial; 825 West Douglas Wichita, Kansas.

Last two
    BF Shreve 1-Bit Token Front and back. Annotation: A one-bit token for a drink.

Attached Files:

5. cherylkubucko

Thanks, You will never know what you will find if you don't look.
    Cheryl

6. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Cheryl they are realy cool :bow: :bow:

7. cherylkubucko

Thanks De Orc. Cheryl

8. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Interesting assortment of tokens Cheryl.....:)

9. cherylkubucko

Thanks, I think they are cool, Cheryl

10. cwtokenman

cwtokenman Coin Hoarder

Very neat tokens, Cheryl. I know how special they are as the token in my avatar was issued by an ancestor. I think there may be some tokens on my wife's side also, but I have not been able to verify that. I think tokens with the family name on them are pretty cool anyway, related or not, and I have a collection of those. I am also working on accumulating a set to put in a frame to give my brother in law for a Christmas present, and I have about a dozen tokens and a few pieces of script so far.

11. TheNoost

TheNoost huldufolk

Wow, that is really cool! I had to break out my tokens book. I have a few family reunion tokens. Thought I may have had one for you. Alas, none are any of those names.

12. cherylkubucko

Hope you enjoy your tokens, But those don't belong to me but it is good to know they are out there. Cheryl

Draft saved Draft deleted