Ever dared to...

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by crispy1995, Dec 30, 2005.

?

Have you spent:

1. Sacagawea?

10 vote(s)
    41.7%
  2. Susan B. Anthony (SBA)?

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. Eisenhower dollar?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. $2 bill?

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  5. Wheat penny?

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  6. Kennedy half?

3 vote(s)
    12.5%
  7. Franklin half?

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  8. Westward journey nickel?

3 vote(s)
    12.5%
  9. Old-style dollar bills?

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. crispy1995

crispy1995 Spending Toms like crazy**

Share your experience!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Speedy

Speedy Researching Coins Supporter

I've spent many of the ones listed so I can't just pick one :D

Speedy

4. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

I voted for the westward journey nickel. Am I supposed to be saving these? I've started to put Kennedy halves I don't want in the collection at church. They might be the only ones happy to take them.

5. foundinrolls

foundinrolls Roll Searching Enthusiast

Hi,
    Same here, the poll might be better if we can pick more than one. I've spent many of them.
    Bill

6. Krasnaya Vityaz

Krasnaya Vityaz Always Right

The only one I haven't spent is the Franklin Half, but I have spent Wheats that I just previously got in change later on by accident.

7. nickelman

nickelman Coin Hoarder

Spent them all except the Franklin. Went to the bank a few months ago and asked for and got several crisp new (1995 I believe) $2.00 bills. Loved seeing the different reactions when I spent these.

8. Krasnaya Vityaz

Better watch it, someone might call the coppers and get you arrested for spending "counterfeits". I am a bit leery of using $2 bills now after the news stories about people getting detained for having attempted to profer them off.

http://www.snopes.com/business/money/tacobell.asp

9. vipergts2

vipergts2 Jester in hobby of kings

spending money

Iv'e been spending lots of Kennedy halves lately. I can't see paying a fee to exchange them after roll searching. the banks in my area charge 10% to count change, and that eats silver profit in a hurry. It's also fun to spend them to confuse the occasional cashier! I have managed to spend $50 in the last 3 weeks, with $50 more to go. :)

10. YNcoinpro_U.S.

YNcoinpro_U.S. New Member

spent all but the wheat cent. I was in desperate in need of a coin so I spent a franklin half. About 8 years ago.

11. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

The only one I'm not sure of is the old-style bill; everything else I know I've spent over the years. I've been spending money for over 40 years, and everything on that list was "regular money" at one point.

12. crispy1995

Okay; select which you've spent most often.

13. jandj

jandj New Member

Should be able to choose more than one. Like I say, I used to love to put a Buffalo or other old coin in circulation to surprise someone.

14. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Hammer at the Ready Moderator

I think I've done all, except maybe the last three.

15. crispy1995

In 2000, I saw the new $5 bill and decided to not like the old-style ones. NOW I REGRET IT!!

16. Bonedigger

Bonedigger New Member

Yes, I've spent more that one selection.

B

17. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Yup, have spent every one of them.

18. zaneman

zaneman Former Moderator

I got a bunch of susan dollars from a stamp machine. I've been paying tolls with them, and the toll people always think they are quarters until the look closely at them.

19. Krasnaya Vityaz

Right now I have a 1950-C $20 which I will probably spend sometime soon. I have about $200 face in 1934 on up to the 1960's series notes that I keep as emergency money.

20. Metalman

Metalman New Member

Ive spent all of them at one time or another,, sometimes age makes a difference !!

these coins were circulation coins when I was a kid .and also now as an adult !!

I would be willing to bet that there are folks here who spent Mercury dimes,walking liberties, and peace dollars , perhaps even Morgans! If they ever Visited Vegas in the late 40's and early 50's.

Rick

Rick

21. OldDan

OldDan 共和党

At one time or another I have spent, mutilated, and lost all of these and then some. With one exception, and that is the SBA dollar. I can't remember if I've ever had one to spend (mutilate or loose).

Draft saved Draft deleted