european gold bullion

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by annovi.frizio, Oct 27, 2008.

1. annovi.frizio

annovi.frizio Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

No one could afford it LOL Nice looker though :D

4. annovi.frizio

annovi.frizio Member

mmm

explain better if possible..

5. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Umm, the Austrian mint issues gold and silver bullion pieces (Philharmonics) every year, so theoretically the other euro countries could do that too. In AT the "€100" coin is a 1 oz piece.

Here in Germany the "€100" collector coins are not bullion pieces. But they are always issued at the gold price (whatever half an ounce costs on the date of issue) plus a supplement of €25. So I guess there would be a market for bullion here too ...

Christian

6. annovi.frizio

annovi.frizio Member

7. zika

zika Junior Member

This is realy interested idea.

8. annovi.frizio

annovi.frizio Member

9. kvarterto

kvarterto Senior Member

Nice design, but I hope not. I got all this non-circulating so-called coins struck in my throat. All the non-circulating garbage should be melted down, and the metal be used in real coins. I know I`m harsh, but God I hate all the non-circs made this days.

10. annovi.frizio

annovi.frizio Member

ok

ok, this is only a numismatic fantasy idea, :kewl:

11. kvarterto

kvarterto Senior Member

But i would love to see the design on a real coin :thumb: A cirkulating 5 Euro coin, if something like that ever will come into existence.

12. FreakyGarrettC

FreakyGarrettC Wise young snail

Very cool you designed those? :thumb:

13. haidee

haidee Senior Member

wow, i sure hope i could have one of those

14. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Agreed, I would love to have a €5 circulation coin too. Not a gold piece :) but maybe "tri-metallic" and/or a coin with a couple of edge corners ... Unfortunately most euro countries already issue €5 collector coins - pieces that (even if they can be had at face) are not legal tender except in the one issuing member state, and do not actually circulate.

Christian

15. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Yeah, he is pretty darn good at that. Frizio has made a lot of those (euro and other) designs; the overview starts here: http://www.webalice.it/annovi.frizio/p_eurofantasy.html Some of his "eurofantasy" designs are exactly that; of course there is no euro perspective for Russia, the UK or Switzerland, but why not try and visualize what "euro style" coins from such countries could look like? Other designs he presents are based on sketches or drawings of planned future issues; that helps getting an idea of what we may hold in our hands later.

Some pieces on those pages have actually become coins (Malawi) or medals (Amis de l'Euro, minted by the French mint). But the Malawi coin also shows what a difference there is between an attractive design and a somewhat "simplified" coin based on that design. Hope to see more designs (studies or coins) from him in the future. [​IMG]

Christian

16. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Sold for the value of the gold plus a standard markup. Sounds like a bullion coin to me.

17. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Comes close, but bullion coins are usually made according to demand while those pieces have a limited mintage like other commems. The €100 gold coin issued for the 2006 World Cup for example costs more today than the others. And the only 1 oz piece that has been issued in Germany so far (€200 from 2002) is about €1200 while the price of 1 oz gold is roughly half of that ...

Christian

18. annovi.frizio

annovi.frizio Member

:)

thank you christian for the good presentaton. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted