Elizabeth I for Thalia Elizabeth

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by umtrr-author, Jan 7, 2009.

1. umtrr-author

umtrr-author Thalia and Kieran's Dad

As most of you know, our daughter Thalia Elizabeth has a particular affection for "anything with Queen Elizabeth on it". This has been limited to Queen Elizabeth II, and of course there's no shortage of coins (and paper money, stamps, etc.) with her image.

At some point, though, I had hoped to get for her an inexpensive example of a coin with Queen Elizabeth I. I figured my chances were pretty slim, but one of the reputable dealers in town came through last month and she is now the proud owner of a 1/2 groat (2 pence), Spink 41st #2579 (I am told that the Spink # is how these things are catalogued).

My coin photography still leaves a lot to be desired, but here are attempts at images of the obverse and reverse:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The actual coin is not quite the size of a US dime.

I suppose now I'm going to have to "fill in" all of the British monarchs between the two Elizabeths! We are back to George III anyway, so we're back to the ruler from when we colonies rebelled :)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

What a great looking coin she has there :bow: :bow: I would love to see more of her collection shown here, it would be a fine way to highlight what a youngster can do (Ok with the help of her dad LOL)

4. randygeki

randygeki Coin Collector

5. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Bet ya never thought it would get this involved now did ya Goerge ? :smile

Tell Thalia I said Howdy ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted