Eagle vs: buffalo

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by elaine 1970, May 22, 2007.

1. elaine 1970

elaine 1970 material girl

eagle against buffalo, .925 fineness against .999 fineness. which gold coin i should buy?. your opinion.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. hamman88

hamman88 Spare some change, sir?

the buff, much neater design

4. postal_employee

postal_employee New Member

The buffalo is a better investment. Most bullion buyers overseas want the PURE gold ie; Canadian Maple Leaf, Australian Nugget, and now the American Buffalo.

5. bqcoins

bqcoins Olympic Figure Skating Scoring System Expert

.925????? no, .9167

6. hamman88

.925 is sterling silver

7. elaine 1970

fineness

sorry, you got it.

8. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

Buy the one you like. I'm not sure that fineness will mean much in the long run.

9. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

There is absoluyely no difference in the amount of gold each coin contains - they both have exactly 1 ounce of pure gold. Yes they are each made of a different fineness, but so what, the end result is the same - 1 oz of gold is 1 oz of gold no matter how look at it.

10. mralexanderb

mralexanderb Coin Collector

I say the Buffalo. I've got a 2006 Proof and each time I look at it I'm amazed all over again how beautiful this coin is. The "faceted" mirror background on the obverse is absolutely stunning. I wouldn't trade it for the...well, maybe I could be persuaded, but it's one of my favorite coins I own. It feels great in my hand. I'd go with the Buffalo.

11. TIM1966

TIM1966 Junior Member

My opinion...you'll never go wrong buying them both.

12. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

TIM1966 is so right, however, for people like me who had to sell their souls :D to get the buffalo .. if one can only afford 1 gold coin, go for the Buffalo!!!!!!

13. elaine 1970

buffallo

if i have $800.00. i go for $800.00 worth of 2005 buffalo unc nickel. after all, all these coins were worth face value. i can enjoy playing with 16,000 pc of uncirculated coins.

14. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

heck if i have $800, i wouldnt get 16,000 5 cent pieces!!!! i would OWN that gold buffalo :D

15. CentDime

CentDime Coin Hoarder

Buy an UNC spouse gold coin instead. :secret:

16. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

the one for Jefferson would be nice if you want a copy of an old large cent. personally I think it will be neat, but unfortunately, I must agree with the others. Given 1 coin to buy, I would buy the buffalo hands down.

17. elaine 1970

buffalo gold coin

well, i will buy one buffalo gold. but which one is better?. proof or unc. one oz or fractional one?.

18. alhas

alhas Senior Member

If mintages mean anything to you, then:

2007 Proof 1 oz Buffalo maintage: 200K
    2007 Proof 1 oz AGE mintage: 53K (18K one oz single + 35K one oz in 4-coin set)
    2007 Uncirculate mintage: minted to demand

19. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

i am waiting for the 4 coin set of the bfaalo that sucker is going to take off :D

20. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

IMHO If they make a fractional set (still yet to be seen) then the one that is roughly the size of a nickel is gonna be a SUPER popular coin and the true performer of the set.

21. hamman88

Insightful therory Mike. I know what I'll get now if they make them.

Draft saved Draft deleted