Down?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Yankee, May 18, 2009.

1. Yankee

Yankee Senior Member

Lets hope it gets better later!

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. andrew289

andrew289 Senior Analyst

Let's hope it doesn't...I'm waiting for $780-$825 gold...coming to a bullion dealer near you.

4. giorgio11

giorgio11 Senior Numismatist

Market is stubbornly high, if you are dollar cost averaging over a long period you will be OK but please do not bet the farm on roaring inflation and $2500 gold. Moderation in all things, greed is the road to ruin.

Best Regards,

George
    ===================
    VDB Coins

5. Yankee

Yankee Senior Member

No greed at this end that's for sure! We are blessed at this end 50 years old no debt, home and properties paid for in full, And a nice nest egg in the bank!. We pulled all our money OUT of the stock market 4 years ago before the crash (my wifes idea), We have only 10% in gold and silver in the bank vault I think some day it might come in handy!. In either case Gold and silver feels much better to hold in your hand then some dead presidents photo on paper!

6. andrew289

andrew289 Senior Analyst

Yes it does. I've been dollar coast averaging for 20 years. I just prefer gold in the $750 -$800 range. I hate paying $970+ per ounce ...but I still do it.

I'm just impatient waiting for the October dip.

7. Yankee

Yankee Senior Member

With the banks paying only 1-2.1% interest on Cd's these days its almost free money for them!. I hate giving the bank free money at my expense but what can you do these days????

8. giorgio11

giorgio11 Senior Numismatist

If you do your research, some municipal bonds are still quite safe and paying generous yields. Like anything else, though, you must do your homework. There are also numerous safe dividend-paying stocks and dividend ETFs that will NOT go broke. Of course those are without an FDIC guarantee. YOu pay for insurance. Research is the key. Good luck.

Best Regards,

George
    ====================
    VDB Coins

9. JoeSmith

JoeSmith Member

The only ounce of gold I paid more than $350 for is a gold buffalo I got less than 2 years ago for $650. It broke my heart at the time to pay so much, but of course now I don't feel to badly about it. I'd love to see gold come back down, but it might not ever happen.

As far as putting gold and silver in a bank vault, does the term "bank holiday" ring a bell? The government could "call in" all the gold, and have supervised access to your safety deposit box at the bank.

10. Yankee

Yankee Senior Member

These days with information on line I believe we will get wind of any Government actions in advance of any move they make!. I dont believe it will come of that these days but I will keep my fingers crossed! I only have the bank to put my stuff in at least at this time. I most certainly would not consider my sock droor as a option!. I will keep it in the BDB for now but thank you for your warning!

11. Yankee

Yankee Senior Member

The housing report really took a hit today on gold! I think its time to buy more!

Draft saved Draft deleted