Do YOU do it?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by batonfire131, Aug 20, 2009.

1. batonfire131

batonfire131 Junior Member

Hi, I'm batonfire131
    Do you use vending machines to change your change to find some interesting coins?Why, what do you look for, do you do it in secret or not?BE HONEST

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. sublime118

sublime118 Member

I think the best I do with vending machines is this:

Canadian coins get rejected in coin counter, I take canadian coins to copy machine, I insert said coins in machine, I hold down the coin return button and. . . . Out pops a US coin. It's like magic I tell ya. Sooner or later the man who services the copy machine is gonna start asking questions:secret:

BD

4. 900fine

900fine doggone it people like me

Whoa ! You're makin' 10%, gittin' a US dollar for a Canadian Smaller Dollar !

5. TomCorona

TomCorona New Member

Do YOU do it?

Not that much anymore since I got married.:D

6. dctjr80

dctjr80 Senior Member

I had a young lady come in to the Rite Aid I work at and ask if she could change a old 1987 canadian $10 bill for some U.S. Money. I didn't know the conversion rate at that moment and she seemed like she wanted to have some money to go party really bad, so I offered her $6 USD. I got home and realized I made about 2 bucks, but she was happy because I don't think she would have found anyone else in town to exchange it for money which she seemed to want now pretty bad. It wasn't a nice new bill or anything, actually it had like a 100 creases and wrinkles and a coffee stain :)

7. Ripley

Ripley Senior Member

Me bad....Used to use old Hong Kong dollar coins for American quarters in vending machines. Then I made a yo-yo by soldering a stiff thin wire to a quarter to use over and over again in parking meters/vending machines / pay phones/ washers/dryers. No wonder i am on Probation now !!!! LOL Traci :eek:

8. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Haa! That is how you identified the Yo-Yo in the previous thread so quickly!

Jim

9. Just Carl

Just Carl Numismatist

Doesn't work around me. It appears that every time I put a dollar bill in vending machine, it either vanishes or I get no change. Even many when you put change in them, it too vanishes. I would think I'd have a better chance if they were all like the slot machines in Vegas.

10. Grbose

Grbose CoinSpace.com CEO

No vending machines but like to pay for things with larger bills even if I have the smaller one to cover the cost just to get the extra bills and change. I like to collect repeater and other fancy serial number notes found a few doing this.

11. TheNoost

TheNoost huldufolk

My gas is always an odd number so I get change and I have been known to get 4 or 5 times the ammount of quarters i need from teh carwash changer and sometimes the laundymat even though I have a washer and dryer.

12. mark_h

mark_h Somewhere over the rainbow

I do the same thing. Plus for vending machines - even if I have the change I put in 2 $1 bills so I get some change in return. What do I look for? State quarters, anything silver, etc. I just got my first Puerto Rico quarter in Minneapolis - I used the same vending machine every night trying to get another, but no luck.

Draft saved Draft deleted