dansco type albums for canada and mexico

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by ranchhand, Jul 25, 2005.

1. ranchhand

ranchhand Coin Hoarder

Hello everyone!

I have been on the hunt for type books for Canada and Mexico coinage, and have not had much luck. Dansco used to produce them, but it has been 15 years since they went out of print.
    I contacted dansco directly and they said that they would print a run of them, but a minimum order of 500 was required at $11-$20 per book ( that’s wholesale prices, the high end would be 8 pages )

I wanted to find out of any one here would be interested in getting one of these books, I would not make $.01 on the deal. I do not have the $5500-$10000 and don’t really have the money myself to pay that much just ot get a single book!

If you are interested please contact me and I will put your name and information on a list, If I can get 499 other people interested in making a type set of mexico/Canada then I will be a very happy camper ;)

Please specify if you are interested in Mexico/Canada or both. Remember, a run would be 500 of each!!!!

I do not need any money right now, in fact I do not want any money right now. Once I get enough interested parties I will work on a method of collecting funds.
    Once again, I am not doing this to make any money, I just want a nice high quality book to make a type collection in. Expect to pay the wholesale cost for the book as well as a share of the shipping for the entire lot to get to me ( I expect it would cost a little to ship 500+ books to me ) as well as the cost of shipping the book to you.

Also if you are part of any coin clubs or know of other interested parties please have them send me their contact info.
    I know that I have a slim chance of finding 500+ people that would want these books, but I wanted to at least try.

Also, since these books are being custom cut we can make whatever type set we want, I am having trouble locating any detailed information on the original albums, and the person that I talked with at dansco is unsure whether or not they have the original plates for these books. If they can not find them we have an opportunity to customize the book to contain exactly what coins we want!

Please send me your name, e-mail, and the quantity of each book you would like. I promise that I will not sell/trade any of this info, or even send it to dansco.

If you have any questions please post them in this forum or send me a private message.

I understand that we are not supposed to post sales or such in these forums, but I hope that the moderators will make an exception for this… If this post is inappropriate please accept my apologies and delete/move the thread where you feel it is most appropriate.

Thanks in advance!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ranchhand

ranchhand Coin Hoarder

One more thing, the original books are:

7210 canada type set
    7220 mexico type set

if anyone knows of any of these books still surviving please send me more info on them, how many pages, etc.

4. ranchhand

ranchhand Coin Hoarder

5. mamooney

mamooney Senior Member

Dansco Israel or Palestine Albums

I too am looking for some older Albums as well. I am interested in Israel or Palestine albums of any brand. These have been discontinued for quite a while.

Thanks

Mike

TheSilverpicker likes this.
  6. ranchhand

ranchhand Coin Hoarder

I wanted the israel type book as well, but we would still need to find 500 people willing to purchase them for dansco to make a set... I figured i would get more interest in the canada and mexico sets as they are collected pretty heavy in the US.

looks like i am not getting much of a reaction :(

TheSilverpicker likes this.
  7. mamooney

mamooney Senior Member

Maybe, the Canadian Numismatic Association , the U.S. Mexican Numismatic Association, and the American Israel Numismatic Association would be interested in coordinating such orders. It would just take some stimulus from someone like you... They must have the membership base.

In addition, you could also contact the Israel Government Coins and Medals Corporation , The Royal Canadian Mint, and the Mexican Mint if you wish.... The US MINT produces such books...maybe they already do as well.

8. Gregg Shiver

Gregg Shiver New Member

Hello There,

I read your post and I am interested in the Mexico/Canada type albums. You can count me in for the big order. I have recently joined a local coin club and I will pass on the info at the next meeting. If there is anything else I can do let me know. How is it going so far? Are there any other people interested?
    Have a good night.

9. Gregg Shiver

Gregg Shiver New Member

10. bgarg

bgarg Senior Member

I have both of this type set albums.

#7210 Canada type set book contains 6 pages and other then smaller coins, it has slots for dollar coins minted till 1975.

For Mexico type set, I have two different albums with same dansco number #7220.
    First one is a single album with 5 pages. First 4 pages have slots for 1 Centavos to 25 Peso coins. The last page will house gold type set for Mexico.

The other one is a two volume set. Volume 1 has 4 pages and slots for 1 centavo to 50 centavos coins. Volume 2 has 5 pages and stores Peso coins. This has slots for 1 Peso to 5000 Peso (1988 issue) coins.

Let me know if you need scans of any of these album pages.

Regards,
    Ballabh Garg

11. TheNoost

TheNoost huldufolk

I just happened across Canada-7210(5pgs), Mexico-7220(5pgs) and Israel-7600(3pgs) Danscos. I'll put them in the open forum in the next few days.

Steven Chase likes this.
  12. boingcoin

boingcoin Junior Member

type books

i saw your message and it seems you are having the same kind of luck i have had. i too have been searching for the mexican type set from 1905-1968 and would definitely be interested in puchasing one if i could ever find one. dansco made one and i saw it for sale on e-bay for $400.00, so i knew they were made at one point. thanks

13. MadMartigan

MadMartigan Active Member

Wonder if this ever happened I'd love to get the 7210, the 7211 and the 7220 for the two Canadian and one Mexico type sets.

14. bkozak33

bkozak33 Collector

I just picked up a dansco 7220, its a pretty cool book, It would be lots of fun to fill.
    P9151679.JPG

stevex6 likes this.
  15. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

16. bkozak33

bkozak33 Collector

17. flujan

flujan New Member

Hi Everyone, I have a No.7220 Mexico type set with all of its coins and basically my question is how much could this book be worth, any info or if anyone can point me in the right direction will be very much appreciated. Here's some pics if that's easier.

Attached Files:

18. bkozak33

bkozak33 Collector

Its tough to say. I would start with melt plus a 100.00

19. flujan

flujan New Member

Thanks, the thing is I can't seem to find any info online about this specific set (7220).

20. bkozak33

bkozak33 Collector

21. flujan

flujan New Member

Thanks bkozak33 for the info, so it would probably be better to just auction it on ebay, if I wanted to sell it right?

Draft saved Draft deleted