Current prices for 2006 american eagles

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by elaine 1970, May 3, 2007.

1. elaine 1970

elaine 1970 material girl

2006 w american eagle uncirculated silver dollar - cost $19.95, now $109.00
    2006 american eagle 3 pc silver set - cost $100.00, now $449.00
    2006 american eagle 3 pc gold set - cost $2,610.00, now $5,750.00

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

those prices are on the high end to what i see on Ebay .. but i am sure they are accurate for some of the prices i see in some publication ads....

4. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

I think the 2006w uncirculated still has the potential to go much much higher. I don't think that all of the silver eagle collectors out there realize yet that they need this coin for a complete date/mintmark collection.

5. elaine 1970

other eagles

2006 2 pc gold and silver unc set - cost $850.00
    2006 w 4 pc gold unc set - cost $1,350.00
    2006 w $50 gold coin - cost $720.00
    2006 w $25 gold coin - cost $375.00
    2006 w $10 gold coin - cost $190.00
    2006 w $5 gold coin - cost $85.00

above other eagles. 2006 w $25 and $10 unc gold coins also have a bright future at 15,500 mintage each.

6. nemisis58

nemisis58 Senior Member

Makes that 10th anny platinum set coming out this year look REEEEAL good, doesn't it?

7. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

Why? Where will the demand come from?

8. bama guy

bama guy Coin Hoarder

I want one, maybe two of the platinum anniversary sets especially it the fabrication premium for this is not to bad. Hey, how much does the mint charge for stamping these things out. I use to know but i forgets.... you know old age and I am sure some brain damage has taken a toll

9. 09S-V.D.B

09S-V.D.B Coin Hoarder

On the contrary, these figures don't help out collectors and investors that will try to make a quick buck on the 10th platinum sets. Last year, many people missed the boat on the gold and silver sets and W's, and will surely be paying attention to the platinum set. Those who did manage to get some sets or W's. will also be watching carefully in hopes of making more money. The Mint's 40,000 product limit doesn't help much either -and I wouldn't be surprised if the mint limited sales to 5 sets per household instead of the usual 10 (Warning: Last part is just speculation, no factual basis).

10. ajbuckle

ajbuckle New Member

Platinum Set

I've been thinking about this one for a while. The Silver 20th set has gone up almost 5x. The gold 20th set has gone up 2x. I believe that this is based on the sheer number of people who collect silver vs. gold coins (gold is not as popular relative to the quantity released). Given that, even if there is some form of market scarcity, the platinum set may not move up very much in percentage terms.

11. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

Bingo

What drives the price of Gold and Platnium is not collectors value as much as bulllion value. The Metal is so expensive to saps the deamnd for coinage from collectors.

Ruben

12. Danr

Danr Numismatist

13. Dragon

Dragon New Member

I have to admit, I am on the fence with the platinum set. No doubt there will be those who will look to make a quick buck by flipping them so my guess is that they will be red hot. I agree that the silver sets will do much better percentage wise due to the price of silver. Most everyone can afford silver, even if it goes up to $20 an oz. However, platinum is a different story.

14. RickieB

RickieB Expert Plunger Sniper

Mr. Brooklyn....

Just because you do not collect platinum, does not mean that no one else does! I for one will be in demand for this set and will be excited to get it maybe two if things go well.
    [​IMG]
    I forsee the set's being very limited just as the 3 piece Anniversary Gold sets were! Perhaps with even lower mintages. This set will put the icing on the cake with my platinum collection and I am eager for that time to arrive...this message was intended to provide you with at least one person that will go after it...I am sure I will be one of many thousands!!!

Just like the 2006 "W" uncirc Platinum Eagles with the same reverse as the 2006 W Proof Platinum Eagles..
    currently the 10th oz version of this coin is going from 700-800 bucks with only 1700 be minted as singles!

RickieB

15. Veritas

Veritas New Member

I collect primarily gold and silver but I do plan to buy 3-5 sets of the APE 10th anniversary set.

16. bama guy

bama guy Coin Hoarder

17. elaine 1970

platinum

sorry, i don't collect platinum coins. silver is still the best to collect.

18. sabatca

sabatca Junior Member

Just a Quick question here. There is a lot being made of the 06 ASE W mint mark. How do you get one from the mint (the W mark, i mean) I have a subscription to the Silver ASE proofs but strangely never looked at the mint mark. Do all ASE's Come from west point??

19. RickieB

RickieB Expert Plunger Sniper

The 2006 "W" uncirc Silver Eagles are sold out..you have to buy it on the secondary market!!
    The 2007 "W" is avail by subscription or single options from the mint... www.usmint.gov

Not every ASE has a "W" mint mark...the proofs will carry the "W" mint mark and the uncirc burnished die ASE carry it..

The 2006 W burnished die is going from 85-110 on the open market now...

RickieB

20. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Yes, they do. All of the American Eagle coins - gold, silver & platinum - are now struck at the West Point mint. They have been since 2001 I believe. However, they do not all have the W mint mark on them.

21. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

Well, how can one answer this. I'm not looking to put anyone down who collects Platinum coins or any other coins for that matter. I hope you enjoy and find satisfaction in collecting Platinum coins and that it enriches your life.

I am saying, however, and I believe this is can be demonstrated, that Platinum coins (and gold coins as well) have limited demand from the public because of the extreme price. Further, the large cost of the bullion suppresses the premium over bullion value for collectors market because the high price of the metal suppresses demand.

Ruben

Draft saved Draft deleted