Currency to watch out for....

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Numbers, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Numbers

Numbers Senior Member

Recently I've been going through my serial number data and trying to weed out the remaining question marks. Toward that end, I've put together a list of serial ranges since Series 1963 that need to be verified for various reasons. That list is here:

http://www.uspapermoney.info/unknown.pdf

I'd greatly appreciate it if you could take the time to check this list against your collection and let me know if you have any notes that fall into these serial ranges. Also, please do feel free to pass the list along to anyone else whose collecting runs to modern FRNs.... Every little bit of data helps! :cool:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. RickieB

RickieB Expert Plunger Sniper

Numbers...
    None of these fall inside the number ranges you posted but I listed them anyway.

I have the following Notes:

$50* Series 1996 SN- AB04856259*

$10* Series 1969C SN- B19747662*

$10* Series 1963 A SN- B07934990*

$5* Series 1977 SN- B03701660*

Let me know if you want scans of any of them..

RickieB

4. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

great file you put together Numbers! I will check my notes, but i dont have many above $1 lol

5. LSM

LSM Collector

Numbers, how about this one.

$1 Series 1995 * SN B00231707*

Looks like it falls in to the number range that your looking for. Just let me know if you need any other information on this note.

Lou

6. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

I will check my collection and respond back to the thread, may
    I ask why your checking????

7. Numbers

Numbers Senior Member

Let's see, that's the one where the run seems to have been printed multiple times due to the BEP rather bizarrely losing count of where they'd left off.... So I could use the plate position and the face and back plate numbers, to assist in figuring out just which printing of the run this note belongs to. Thanks! :cool:

8. Numbers

Numbers Senior Member

The file that I linked has got brief explanations of why each of the listed serial ranges is interesting. The largest single category is the potential star gaps from the '60s and '70s series--the BEP's older records don't record which serial numbers they skipped in the star printings, so I'm trying to reconstruct that information by process of elimination. Then there are various print runs where the observed notes don't seem to match what the BEP reported, so I'm trying to collect enough data to figure out what was actually printed. And there are a few runs that the BEP reported but that have never been observed to exist, so I'm hoping that including them on the list will dredge up some notes if in fact they're out there.... And so on. If there's any particular entry on the list that isn't clear, feel free to ask! :cool:

9. LSM

LSM Collector

Numbers, here's the info of that 1995 B00231707* note.
    Plate position H3
    Face plate H369
    Back plate 514

Lou

10. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

You have to ask yourself how accurate are there records??

In the Mpc world i have several unreported replacements
    That technically dont exist!! And are not in any price guide
    Or current text, It makes you wonder???

11. Searcher64

Searcher64 Member

Cannot get your list to come up.:)-O) If I can then I will let you know what I have.
    Best ones that I have, I got at a show, were three $10 SC, 1953*in GEM and two in consecutive order then one skip and the next number. :)-O)

Draft saved Draft deleted