Curious about the value of some foreign coins

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by AvgCollector, Mar 8, 2007.

1. AvgCollector

AvgCollector New Member

My grandfather gave me some coins from the late 1800s to the mid 1900s. I was just wondering if anyone knew anything of their value. I probably wont be selling them since I think they are pretty neat. If necessary I can try to post pictures.

Half Penny 1887 with queen victoria on the back
    1894 10 Ore Origin not sure Very small coin
    1899 5C french coin semi worn
    1908 50 cent (?) Haiti piece
    1907 20 cent (?) piece
    1912 2 cent piece Belgium? Front says Fendracht Maakt Macht. The back says Der Belgen and Albert Koning
    2 1916 10 cent and 1 1915 25 cent piece and 5 cent peices with Belgique Belgie on the front and a lion on the reverse
    1915 Republic of Cuba cent and 5 cent piece
    1928 Six Pence piece from Britain
    Pre WWI German Pfennigs
    1914 Luxembourg 10 Ces
    190? 5 Cen Koninkrijk Belgie

Not sure if anyone knows a lot about foreign coins. Don't want to burden anyone, but if anyone knows anything it will be appreciated!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

For the most part the coins are worth anywhere from 25 cents to a few dollars each.

4. AvgCollector

AvgCollector New Member

Alrite thanks! I didn't plan on selling these but still interesting. I also have some French Francs and centimes from WWII which are very light and in good condition. They are from 1941-1944. I searched online and was able to tell that Germany changed the insignia and emblem when they were in control during WWII. Not sure if these are of any value either.

5. satootoko

satootoko Retired

Visit your local public library's research section and look at the Standard Catalog of World Coins from Krause Publications. Depending on the edition it will be edited by Krause & Mishler or Bruce by Krause & Mishler or Colin Bruce. It is published in five volumes, one for each century from the 17th-21st, and contains a great deal of information about world coins.

6. JeromeLS

JeromeLS Coin Fanatic

That 1887 halfpenny is quite hard to get in good condition ! Grade ??

Draft saved Draft deleted