CoinTalk under attack???

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Arizona Jack, Jun 13, 2009.

1. Arizona Jack

Arizona Jack The Lincoln-ator

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rzage

rzage What Goes Around Comes Around .

I visited a few others and never stayed more than 1/2 an hour , CoinTalk is the friendliest place , with knowledgeable people , the bitterness and oneupmanship I've seen on other forums holds no interest to me . As per AJ , COINTALK ROCKS !!!!!!!!!
    rzage

4. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

You and Charmy are doing a fine job of defending.

5. GoldCoinLover

GoldCoinLover Senior Member

Agreed, you need to have a thick skin at PCGS. I enjoy these forums more.
    Alot friendlier

6. rzage

rlms right , thanks you two .:hail::bow:
    rzage:):hatch::hammer:

7. Goldstone

Goldstone Digging for Gold

Agreed Penny Lady!

Attached Files:

8. PennyGuy

PennyGuy US and CDN Copper

Interesting series of posts. I think I read one personality clash if you will. Thanks to Jack and Charmy for sticking up for us.

Yes I checked out that forum before joining CT earlier this year. I think I made a good choice.

9. Magman

Magman U.S. Money Collector

Don't forget MrMag... whoever that is. :whistle:

10. PennyGuy

PennyGuy US and CDN Copper

Thanks Magman, I wondered but didn't want to assume.

11. traumafindr

traumafindr The Seeker of Lincoln

Thanks

Thanks to all who are defending this site over there. IMO I look at both but believe that there is much less of b/s here, therefore, IMO Cointalk is the BEST!!!!

Again My OPINION

Thanks

12. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

I thought this was most revealing.....something about the pot not calling out the kettle.
    I read their forum quite often, and seldom have found more people patting each other on the back for so little contribution.

However, perhaps some of their criticism can be used to further advance our lead. We have a clinker award, maybe we need a "nice guy/gal award" for those, and we notice who they are, who take the time to answer the "introduction" posts, and the "copper 1943 lincoln" and the " How do I clean this coin" with some sympathy, dignity, and friendliness. There are nice ways and harsh ways to tell a new collector that they have only machine doubling rather than a real 1969S DDO.

What I hope this forum never forgets ( unlike certain others) that even the experts once lifted their first coin to their eye and wondered.....

Of course back then, the price sheets were on papyrus.:rolleyes:

Jim

13. FreakyGarrettC

FreakyGarrettC Wise young snail

Come on, seriously? They attacked CT then one of the finest members of CT who is also part of the peeps who keeps CT as friendly as possible!?!? Wow.

My opinion on CT is that 99% of members are friendly and the site is extremely easy to navigate! That is why I post here instead of the other coin forums I have registered at.

14. rzage

Sorry guy , thanks ,MrMag.:D
    rzage;)

15. hontonai

hontonai Registered Contrarian

That comment applies in spades to the US Coin subforum, but the World & Ancients gang are usually as polite and friendly as Coin Talkers. (There have been occasions when things got a little rough there, but mostly when dealing with trolls.)

I had been a member over there for several years before joining CT, but until following AJ's link today, I hadn't visited the US Coins area for about 5 years or more!

Bottom line - ignore the back-biters and they can't harm you, since you are out of range for their sticks and stones.

16. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

I have had the unique pleasure of watching that thread unfold. I just joined that site (which will remain nameless) and that was the very first thread I tuned in to. Here is my take on the whole deal...... each person is going to have a favorite team and are going to root for that team on a daily basis. Like my team is the Giants. When the Giants are on, I am watching them and nobody's team is better. A team that I like, but am a lesser fan of is the Patriots. When compared to the Giants....well they don't compare... get my point??? I like them, I will watch them, but make me compare the two and there is no comparison. You are going to have people who love CT and you are going to have people who love CU and then there those that don't like either one....we will call them Dallas fans ;). Bottom line.....it comes down to which forum you feel the most comfortable on...which one do you feel at home with and to me that is CT. I think both sites are equally used, but CT is the top choice. Also, IMO, it also comes down to user friendliness..... and CU is not user friendly. Either I am an idiot or that forum is not easy to post on....ok, so I am an idiot.... but that forum is not easy to navigate around. I would have posted this analogy over there, but I can't figure how to post over there!!! Anyway...the flaws that their members are finding with us, we can very easily turn around and find with them. For us to take offense to what they are posting over there is crazy. It's like asking a bunch of New Yorkers who's their favorite team and then getting mad when pick the other.

17. d.t.menace

d.t.menace Member

I think this comment sums up why I joined here versus there:

18. rzage

We'll call them Dallas fans , now that's funny .
    rzage :D

19. vipergts2

vipergts2 Jester in hobby of kings

I honestly don't think Cointalk needs defended. It is what it is and that's why so many people come here and love it. User friendly, newby friendly, people friendly.

I have nothing bad to say about any forums, I just like to steer clear of bickering and one-upmanship.

Cointalk is family.

20. Goldstone

Goldstone Digging for Gold

HARDCORE LIONS FAN HERE!!! WE SET A NFL RECORD what did the jets do? besides not set a record lol

21. Ardatirion

Ardatirion Où est mon poisson

I'm always open to more forums. I've checked out the PCGS board before but, and I'll say this bluntly, I don't like the people there. Its not anything personal, but I've found that I don't particularly like to talk coins with collectors who are that into slabbed stuff. (No offense guys, we can still chill in the General Discussion forum :D). Nevermind the fact that its the PCGS forum and I'd feel like a pyromaniac in a firefighters convention.

Besides, they have less than 2000 posts on the World & Ancient section. I have more than that myself. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted