coinsrocksgems1 -feedback scrubbing.

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Detecto92, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Detecto92

Detecto92 Well-Known Member

Like many large sellers, eBay is doing this seller a "favor" by cleaning up their negative feedbacks.

Most sellers will be told by eBay that negatives can only be removed by court order.

However I have seen this seller, amongst many, get their negs scrubbed by eBay.

There has been 2 instances within the past month were negatives were removed.

These were valid ones too.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mrweaseluv

mrweaseluv Supporter! Supporter

This is NOT an honest seller!!!
    These people are very very creative with their descriptions be very careful buying from them (I recomend that you don't)
    Have been unhappy with 3 seperate purchases from them. I will not use them again.

4. John Anthony

John Anthony Ultracrepidarian

I gotta laugh at their police evidence bag full of coin and paper money, lol.

Anyway, I'd never buy ANYTHING from a dealer that offered those hokey rolls with a piece of junk silver at the end. It throws suspicion on all their offerings.

5. -Mikey-

-Mikey- Amazing

I wouldn't purchase from them. I looked at their auctions before and thought wow cool because they were auctioning a cigar box filled with coins found in some old guys cabinet. Thankfully i looked at their other auctions and realized they have several boxes (bonds boxes, cigar boxes etc) full of coins that they found in these odd places. What are the odds of them finding 20 boxes a week in these odd places, then i saw their name and thought yea right they are a coin dealer its not some grandchild that is auctioning off grandpappy hermans treasures.

6. John Anthony

I don't have any objection to selling a small collection in a cigar box - it could make a great present for a young collector. I just wish they would list what's in the collection SPECIFICALLY. Not just "100-year-old silver coin".

And the nonsense of auctioning off uncle Hermann's stash is just that. Why not just call it a beginners coin collection??

7. treylxapi47

treylxapi47 Well-Known Member Dealer

Bingo! Thats almost the exact idea I just posted here

http://www.cointalk.com/t219832-2/#post1604866

8. coleguy

coleguy Coin Collector

It may not be Ebay doing all the negative wiping. Some sellers threaten and intimidate buyers who leave negative feedback by claiming they can sue them and other false threats, and so get buyers to reverse their feedback. They can only leave a neutral at that point, but it erases the negative. I've had first hand experience at this. And no, they cannot sue a buyer, despite the urban legends.
    Guy

9. rockyyaknow

rockyyaknow Well-Known Member

Those scam acutions drive me crazy and they are clearly serached through and you wont find anything spectacular, but shame on anyone who purchases one of those lots and is not wise enough to realize what they really are and has the nerve to complain. They do humor me and I love reading the negative feedback from buyers who clearly didn't understand what they were buying.

10. treylxapi47

treylxapi47 Well-Known Member Dealer

The feedback wars are probably the single most entertaining thing about ebay this day and age

11. rockyyaknow

rockyyaknow Well-Known Member

They most certainly are! I love how naive some of the comments are.

12. jloring

jloring Senior Citizen

Well, maybe he's more honest with his "rocks and gems."

13. mrweaseluv

mrweaseluv Supporter! Supporter

On a side note, while I said this is not an honest seller, they did accept returns on 2 of those 3 purchases (all well under 100) The 3rd would have cost me more in shipping then I had paid out so I kept it.

14. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Toning Enthusiast

@Detecto,

Who made you the E-Bay police? Is your New Years resolution every year to get this seller? Here is your thread from last year.

http://www.cointalk.com/t198359/

I think you need to be shut down.

15. jloring

jloring Senior Citizen

Well, if he joins the CFe Group, he would become a proud member of eBay's self-appointed "coin police."

16. Detecto92

Detecto92 Well-Known Member

Harsh much?

17. John Anthony

I used to think I could save the world. Nowadays I figure I'm doing pretty well if I can keep my own affairs in order.

18. -Mikey-

-Mikey- Amazing

Lol Mr. Anthony I feel like im doing pretty well if I can get out of bed.:thumb:

19. John Anthony

Hey friend, just call me John. :)

20. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

You know if you start off with false info, you can reach any conclusion. Straight from eBay

The other way you can jump to erroneous conclusions is to make unsubstantiated assertions. UHM!?!?!?

21. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

[FONT=&amp]
    But sirs... he [FONT=&amp]is[/FONT] the "Hobby Ambassador". Better recognize! [/FONT]:hail:

Draft saved Draft deleted