[CLOSED] CoinJockey73 Giveaway #1 (2 prize lots)

Discussion in 'Contests' started by lordmarcovan, Mar 30, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

4/11/21: This contest is now CLOSED. Winners were announced in Post #53 (Prize A) and #57 (Prize B).

@CoinJockey73 has been kind enough to offer to sponsor another contest for us.

Here are the prizes.

Prize A is this lovely 1923 Peace dollar. He would like this coin to go to a young (or young-at-heart) collector who has never owned a Peace dollar before, so that's what we'll do.

A-obv.jpg A-rev.jpg

Prize B consists of five Bicentennnial Ike dollars plus 1972 and 1973 Kennedy halves. This prize is open to everyone.

B.jpg

Sometime shortly after April 9th we will do the drawings, using a random number generator, per usual forum practice. @CoinJockey73 will then ship the prizes.

To enter this contest:

1. Please type the phrase "entry post" into your first (and only your first) response to this thread. You may post as many conversational posts as you like, but only one entry post per member. Your one entry post enters you into both drawings, but your name will only be considered eligible for Prize A if you have never before owned a Peace dollar.

2. Please tell us whether or not you have owned a Peace dollar before. Be honest. If you have, you'll be entered for Prize B, but as mentioned, our sponsor wants Prize A (the Peace dollar) to go to someone who has never before owned one.

3. If you have owned a Peace dollar before, you may still enter the drawing for Prize A on someone else's behalf (as long as they are eligible by right of never having owned a Peace dollar). Tell us who you would like to win Prize A for.

4. Be sure to thank @CoinJockey73 for his generosity.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2021
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

This giveaway is now open for entries.

CoinJockey73 likes this.
  4. CoinJockey73

CoinJockey73 Well-Known Member

Welcome! Good luck to all contestants! Thank you for entering! Would love to see pics of your current favorites!

masterswimmer and lordmarcovan like this.
  5. kkm

kkm Active Member

Entry post

I have never owned a Peace dollar.

Thank you @CoinJockey73 for the contest!

6. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

Entry post thanks @CoinJockey73 I think it was my idea and I inspired him to do this also:):). 20210330_121028.jpg

7. expat

expat Remember you are unique, just like everyone else Supporter

Entry Post
    I have many Peace dollars so if I were to win I would like @CoinJockey73 to donate the prize to whomever he deems deserving. Thanks for the chance to win B and to helps someone with A
    DSC00308.jpg DSC00309.jpg

lordmarcovan and CoinJockey73 like this.
  8. CoinJockey73

You're killing me! I'm so new, i only really know 5 or 7 people around here, and I'm one of them!

Good luck to you!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
  9. CoinJockey73

Good luck!

kkm likes this.
  10. CoinJockey73

You, @Randy Abercrombie, @lordmarcovan, i can't thank everyone enough, for being so cool with me, so welcoming.
    I have very little knowledge to contribute, but I've had good fortune here, recently, (Thank you @Randy Abercrombie , for your generosity), and at the bank. Without CT, none of this would have happened. I think the positivity is contagious, so i want to keep it alive!
    Good luck to you, sir, and thanks for having a little fun with me, every day.

11. CoinJockey73

Little shameless plug, i run a little thread of my daily finds, @potty dollar 1878, @Bradley Trotter, @kkm, i see you guys peeking in, and just want to say thank you for stopping by and checking things out.
    https://www.cointalk.com/threads/what-did-coinjockey73-find-today.375864/page-10#post-7332570
    For anyone else that might think a "daily finds" thread is cool. I warn you, I'm boring! Silver, or prewar, and really only what i find in circulation. But i usually find something 5 days a week.

12. expat

expat Remember you are unique, just like everyone else Supporter

I think if you and @lordmarcovan get together via PM you can come up with something

CoinJockey73 likes this.
  13. Bradley Trotter

Bradley Trotter Well-Known Member

When it gets closer to April 9th, I’ll nominate an eligible user according to rule 3 of this contest.

CoinJockey73 likes this.
  14. William F

William F Well-Known Member

Entry Post :) Thank you @CoinJockey73 for this awesome giveaway and for your generosity;)
    I have several peace dollars, would love some more bi-centennial Ikes tho! 20210330_154309.jpg 20210330_154415.jpg 20210330_154518.jpg

15. CoinJockey73

William F likes this.
  16. CoinJockey73

What's your current favorite coin?

17. kkm

kkm Active Member

That's a tough one... I am tied between the original Jefferson nickel design (incl. war nickels) and the Barber coinage. I also love the Mercury dime and the Capped Bust coinage. I don't know if I can choose a favorite!

18. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

Entry Post

What a wonderful philanthropic gesture @CoinJockey73
    May good karma envelope you tenfold.

I'd like to put a twist on my entry. If my name is to be drawn I'd like whichever prize is offered to go to @Evan Saltis . However, I'd like Evan to select another YN to receive the other prize if Evan is the first one to win. Obviously if he's the second winner this contingency doesn't play out.

Thanks again @CoinJockey73

19. CoinJockey73

Welcome aboard, thank you for the well wishing. As long as everyone is on the same page, and agrees to the update, I'm fine with it. @lordmarcovan? Sit well with the official referee?
    Good luck @masterswimmer.

potty dollar 1878 likes this.
  20. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

ENTRY POST

I own quite a few Peace dollars, so if I win, I’d like Prize B to go to YN @potty dollar 1878

21. Shraiker

Shraiker New Member

Entry post

Thanks for the chance!
    I’ve never owned a peace dollar before and am really looking forward to seeing the results. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.