Coin Show Report - Dalton, GA

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by 1970 Silver Art, Aug 22, 2009.

1. 1970 Silver Art

1970 Silver Art Silver Art Bar Collector

I went to the 50th Anniversary Blue Ridge Numismatic Association Coin show Friday. The coin show is also Saturday and Sunday. It started at 10 AM but I got there about 10:15 AM. This is my 3rd straight year going to this coin show and I liked it very much. They had various different gold and silver coins. Some of the prices that I saw at different dealer tables include:

1-oz Silver Libertads (1996 to current date) --> $18.00

SAE's (except '96) --> $19.50 - $21.00 (The cheapest SAE's I saw were a roll of 20 2009 SAE's priced at $322.00 ($16.10/coin))

1-oz .999 silver rounds and bars --> $15.00 to $17.00

1/10 GAE --> $120

1/10 Gold Year of the Snake --> $130.00

1-oz GAE --> $1020.00

1-oz Krugerrand --> spot + $20

1/4-oz GAE --> $260.00

PCGS MS69 UHR --> $1,550.00

10-oz Silvertowne Silver bars --> $153 to $155

There might have been some dealer tables that were paying a cheaper price for the above items but I did not pay attention to all of the dealer tables. This was a large show and I am guessing that there might have been at least 150 tables set up at the show.

The show also had numismatic gold and silver and raw and certified Morgan dollars and peace dollars. I did see some 90% silver there but since I was not planning to buy any, I just saw the price that one dealer had and I think that he was selling his at 11x face value. I do not know if that is a good price or a bad price since I am not a 90% silver buyer. I also saw some Engelhard 100-oz silver bars there too but I did not see what those were priced for.

My main purpose of going to the show was to find and buy more '70's silver art bars. I was successful in my goal because there were a few tables that had many '70's silver art bars. I was able to buy several silver art bars that I was looking for and I was able to buy a few of them for $15 and the most that I paid for a '70's art bar was $17.00. Today was a good day for me IMO.

However, this silver coin was IMO the best deal that I found at the show:

1999BritanniaFront.jpg

1999BritanniaBack.jpg

I am sorry for the small pics. I do not know what happened to make them that small.

A 1-oz 1999 silver Britannia. I bought it for $16.00 (spot silver was about $14.15/oz).

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. USS656

USS656 Here to Learn Supporter

4. covert coins

covert coins Coin Hoarder

Pretty coin...Nice find

5. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

Thanks for the report. It is very helpful to know the prices others are finding. It looks like you did very well.

6. kevcoins

kevcoins Senior Roll Sercher

7. Art

Art Numismatist?

Nice report. I really like the Britannia. Great price.

Draft saved Draft deleted