Coin Prices Magazine

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Dragon, Oct 19, 2006.

1. Dragon

Dragon New Member

Does anyone subscribe to this magazine. I got a letter in the mail with an offer to get 6 issues (one year) plus a free 2006 Silver Eagle for $20.98. I have seen it in bookstores, but never purchased it. Are the prices accurate?
    Thanks,
    Dragon

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. 09S-V.D.B

09S-V.D.B Coin Hoarder

The prices are full retail. If you deduct 10% from prices (plus or minus some depending on the coin and market conditions) they are close to realistic.

4. sf340flier

sf340flier New Member

I don't subscribe, but I have picked up copies in the past. I have found the prices to genrally be a little lower than Coin World pricing (which is usually high retail pricing). Also, Coin Prices includes VAM pricing and a few more varieties than Coin World.

If you normally buy online, I think you will find the Coin Prices on the high side as well. They are fairly close to the listed prices in the coin shops around my town -- which leaves a little room for flexability.

5. kendo

kendo New Member

I would have to say the prices a fair. I think the mag is a very good one too

6. walterallen

walterallen Coin Collector

I read these mags only for the articles. Geez where have I heard that one before.

But seriously I don't value any magazines prices qoutes for coins. I just don't think they keep up with the market to be viable for accurate prices for realistic referencing.

Some magazines really do have some great articles though.

7. umtrr-author

umtrr-author Thalia and Kieran's Dad

Thalia got the same offer. I was wondering what kind of a deal it actually was. I have purchased a couple of copies here and there and I seem to recall that there were coupons bundled with the magazine that offered lower subscription rates... but of course no ASE.

8. umtrr-author

Update: going to their website--

http://www.coinpricesmagazine.net

--the offer is $18.98 for six issues, which is $2 less than the offer Thalia got in the mail, but of course no ASE with that lower price.

9. Just Carl

Just Carl Numismatist

I don't subscribe to that mag but I pick them up at coin shows free all the time. It is a great mag and if I wasn't so cheap I'd probably buy that one. However, like I said they are free at most of the coin shows I go to and I go to about 3 a month.

10. umtrr-author

Free is a very good price... can't blame you for that approach, Carl!

I will have to keep a lookout for them on tables as "Coin Show Season" has begun again around here. Thanks for the heads-up.

11. tracy5900

tracy5900 Coin Hoarder

worst ever numismatic book

2007 standard catalog of world coin - 2001 to present. the worst ever krause numismatic book.

missing american eagle silver bullion coins

missing a lot of photos for modern coinage

missing a lot of mintages

imcomplete of many countries coinage.

a 2001 to present book should have at least have a complete photos and up to date mintages. but not.

a very thin book with rocketing prices.

do not buy it.

Draft saved Draft deleted