Coin Clubs

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Indianhead65, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Indianhead65

Indianhead65 Well-Known Member

I was just wondering what Coin Clubs everyone belongs to, local and national. Feel free to post the ones you're a member of. I just recently renewed my membership to the ANA and I'm attempting to join the local club here where I live if the president of the club here ever decides to call me back. Thanks

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. satootoko

satootoko Retired

I belong to the ANA, which unfortunately from my standpoint barely recognizes that the US is not the only country minting coins. :(

I've checked out close to a dozen clubs in my area, and all of them are what I call Ivory Soap US clubs. (Is anyone else old enough to remember Ivory Soap's ads about being 99-44/100% pure?)

4. Bonedigger

Bonedigger New Member

Well, I plan on attending my first meeting of the (newly formed) Black Hills Coin Club next month, March.

Take Care
    Ben

5. Aidan Work

Aidan Work New Member

Here in New Zealand,I belong to the Wanganui Numismatic Society (as an out of town member) & have joined the Manawatu Numismatic Society as of last Saturday.

Internationally,I belong to the Postal Order Society (England).I am the current New Zealand Overseas Representative,who is also effectively the British Commonwealth Overseas Representative,as the other guy,a Bangladeshi,recently allowed his membership to lapse,due to circumstances beyond his control.

I have an intention of joining the International Bank Note Society.

Aidan.

6. Indianhead65

I remember those.

7. Bonedigger

Bonedigger New Member

Yes, even know the song :) 99-44/100ths percent pure love...

Take Care
    Ben

8. Speedy

Speedy Researching Coins Supporter

ANA
    WINS
    CONECA

There is a "local" club in the next town over---I would kindof like to go at least once and see how they do things....

Speedy

9. EdsCoin

EdsCoin Senior Member

Gadsden-Rainbow City Al. Coin Club
    FullStepNickelClub

10. mrbigjoe

mrbigjoe New Member

South Hills of Pittsburgh PA coin club

11. bqcoins

bqcoins Olympic Figure Skating Scoring System Expert

I used to belong to the coin and stamp club at Ft. Meade, but alas now that I have moved my base doesn't have a club.

12. smullen

smullen Coin Hoarder

Not a member of anything now, but I think I am going to Join the ANA... If nothing else to support the hobby and to get the Numismatist Mag they mention....

The last and only coin show I went to, had a flyer for a local club that has monthly meets not to far from me...

I might pop in and check it out.... I'm afraid it might seem kinda awkward as I'm kinda shy in person around strangers... Althought if you know me in person, you would never think that the case....

13. KLJ

KLJ Really Smart Guy

Indiana (PA) Coin Club and the ANA.

Ft. Meade had a club?!?! I would have loved to have known that when I was living in Annapolis and working in Odenton. There's a club in Annapolis, but I wasn't a big fan. Another option would have been great.
    I'm like that too, but that's how I found the Indiana Club. And I'm glad I did.

14. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

As a 2/3 investor and 1/3 collector, I don't fit in. My interest in coins falls into a category that neither group has an interest in.

15. ARLroxta

ARLroxta New Member

sadly i dontknow of any coin clubs around here

16. umtrr-author

umtrr-author Thalia and Kieran's Dad

Coin Talk is in itself a nice club!

I belong to the Rochester Numismatic Association and Thalia belongs to the Rochester Junior Numismatic Association.

17. bruce 1947

bruce 1947 Support Or Troops

18. Just Carl

Just Carl Numismatist

Sure would like to join a coin club but invironment prohibits that. Where I live people don't get mail from coin, gun, knive magazines. Seldom any magazines, books, flyers, etc about coins or such. I've noticed at coin shows not many people around here give thier real names, addresses, home phones, etc. Two of my neighbors used to belong to coin clubs and both were robbed. One unfortunately was home and ended up in the hospital for a long time. Of course it may not have anything to do with coins because home robberies are as common as a Starbucks coffee place. However, the main thing that was taken was the coins. If I ask a person around my house if they collect ANTHING, they just look at me as if I was about to rob them. Amazing how many people have security systems around here in thier homes, cars and just about anything. One of my neighbors leaves his Christmas stuff up until it is all stolen. He says it's easier to let them steal it than to go through all the trouble taking it down and putting it away.

19. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

So join an on-line coin club, that kinda solves the problem ;)

20. bruce 1947

bruce 1947 Support Or Troops

Aren't we a on-line coin club, with always happy and friendly members who will always be there when we need advice and because we never argue and love each other we must be in the land of happy coin land.:whistle: :whistle: come join our happy coin club:hail: :hail: :hail:

I think I have had to much coffee today.:headbang:

21. Indianhead65

My God Just Carl, where do you live? Iraq?

Draft saved Draft deleted