Coin Albums

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by JefLinc, Aug 23, 2009.

1. JefLinc

JefLinc Member

Soon I will start my Bf half set and I was curious on what a good album I should use. I have a whitman for my 20th century but it doesn't have a nice slip cover like the littleton which my dad has. What do you think I should look for? Thanks. Mateo

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Dansco and Intercept Shield are excellent albums. I've got a few and I like 'em a lot......:smile

4. Dollar1948

Dollar1948 New Member

To each his own...but I struggle with why people need to put their coins in an album in which you fill in the pre-printed blanks.
    Why not in 2x2's and the 2x2's put into an sheet and album that holds them?
    The 2x2's give you an opportunity to record the price paid, and a grade and other pertinent information.

5. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

I myself love Kointains an oldie but a goodie. I use the kointains and 2x2 flips with the card to put the date grade etc.. I use a p touch to do my lettering on the cards makes for a nice apearence then put the flips in a binder page. I have my entire Jefferson collection done this way....I'm in the process now sending my Jefferson to a TPG. both the proofs and MS coins but I really hate slabs...I love the look of the kointains it's like holding a coin not a hunk of plastic! Also most museums have used Kointain for over 50 years as part of their collections.

6. AdamL

AdamL Well-Known Member

I like the Littleton albums myself. And when you say BF half set, what does that mean? Franklins?

7. raider34

raider34 Active Member

8. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

'cause that's what I like to do? :)

9. taurus876

taurus876 Senior Member

I use albums and record the information just like you do.

I just put a sticker above each coin.

10. Mr. Coin Lover

Mr. Coin Lover Supporter**

Yes it does

11. bsshog40

bsshog40 Senior Member

I actually prefer the Danscos. I've never used the intercept albums. I don't care for the littleton albums as they are more like 3-ring binders and are troublesome flipping pages.

12. JefLinc

JefLinc Member

Does the dansco or the intercept shield have a slip cover? because I like slip covers.

13. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP

The intercept albums have clear slides for the front and back of each row so you can see both sides of the coins in the pages. When you put a coin in, you slide the slide back in over that row, shut the album and the whole album itself goes into a hard slip cover if that's what you mean.

14. CrustyCoins

CrustyCoins Twilight Photographer

You can order Dansco Albums with blank pages. I just like the look of the Dansco Albums on the shelf and the pages when turning them. A binder with 2x2's just does not work for me anymore.

Draft saved Draft deleted