[CLOSED] Preview & donor signup thread for November 2019 LordM & Friends Coin Giveaway

Discussion in 'Contests' started by lordmarcovan, Oct 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & odd Moderator

Edit, 11/01/19: this signup thread is now closed, as the November 2019 giveaway is now live. If you'd like to donate to the December giveaway, however, I'll be posting a signup thread for that soon.

Howdy, y'all. This is just a preliminary planning thread for next month's giveaway. It is a place for the donors and potential donors to post the pictures and descriptions of their upcoming goodies. For everyone else, it can serve as a sort of "sneak peek" at the upcoming giveaway.

Here is the pending prize lineup so far.
    (link may be a little slow to load)

Obviously, this is not yet a live giveaway. See the link in my signature line to go to the current giveaway.

I do not solicit donations for the giveaways, but so many people have spontaneously volunteered goodies to my past giveaways that we've ended up doing these bigger monthly group contests, and I think that's great. I'm happy to be the coordinator of such things. But since they're getting a bit more complex, I suppose we needed this planning post.

Anyway,

If you would like to be a donor to our upcoming contest next month:

• We will need clear picture(s) and a full description of the item(s) you are offering, by the end of the month preceding the giveaway.
    • Unless you prefer to be an anonymous donor, please do not offer to send the items to me. You will hold on to them until the end of the giveaway month, and ship them directly to the winner(s) after the drawings. This saves wasted shipping and reduces my workload.
    • As a donor, you may still enter the contest. (For example, @trogdor was both a donor and a winner in the August contest.)
    • Should the winner of your lot(s) happen to be in another country to which shipping would prove expensive, I'm happy to chip in and help with your expenses if you want.
    • There is also a clause in the rules which states we can substitute prizes- like a PayPal gift, for example- in cases where a prize would cost the donor too much to ship internationally.
    Here is an archive of the past giveaways, for reference.

As a new little side thing, just for fun, we're also going to let donors post pictures of their favorite pets (past or present) here, and do a little poll later on, to choose which pet gets to be the "Spokescritter" of next month's giveaway.

:cat::chicken::bear::beaver::cow::turtle::pigeon:

*November contest note, 10/26: The deadline for donor contributions is usually the last day of the month, but since I will be busy and/or traveling October 30th through November 4th or so, do please get your pictures and descriptions in as early as you can. I'd like to get the November contest up and running by October 29th or 30th, if all goes well.

Questions?

Thanks in advance to all donors, past and future. This has been fun, and I hope it will continue to be. It's gotten bigger, and thus a bit more logistically challenging for me, but that's OK.

~RWS/"LM"

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lordmarcovan

My two November prizes are the same as October's.

My candidate for the November Spokescritter contest is different, though.

She's brand new.

[​IMG]
    Prize #1 (from "lordmarcovan"): winner's choice of any item from my "Pick Bin" list

[​IMG]
    Prize #2 (from "lordmarcovan"): a three-piece set of 2019 custom "Lord Marcovan" elongated coins, on silver Mercury dime and Wheat cents

Now, for my Spokescritter candidate:

Meet Lucy, our brand-new, purebred, newborn Australian Shepherd puppy. She's still with her mother and siblings until she is weaned, which should be sometime after Thanksgiving. I hear the puppies' eyes are open and they're rambling around now.

Lucy.jpg

Here's some time-machine photography. Lucy should look like this when she grows up.

Meet Lucy From The Future (in the sky, with diamonds?)

red-australian-shepherd-eye-color-1024x727.jpg

dadams, MontCollector and Paddy54 like this.
  4. lordmarcovan

dadams and MontCollector like this.
  5. lordmarcovan

@Stevearino and @swish513 previously expressed an interest in becoming donors. Maybe @dadams, too? @Randy Abercrombie? I forget. I'm late in launching this signup thread, I know.

If y'all want to come aboard, I'll just need pictures and description of your prize lot(s), posted here in this thread, please (since PMs tend to get buried in my inbox), and a pet picture, if you have a furry (or scaly, or finned) friend you'd like to enter in the Spokescritter contest.

@spirityoda - since you're a regular, I figured I should tag you here, in case you want in.

Ditto you, @trogdor. If you want in as a November donor, I already have a picture of your Spokescritter candidate.

Fish Ortega.JPG

dadams likes this.
  6. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky Supporter

Entry post. Sorry I can not be in the November give away. To much going on in my life right now. Maybe in December or January would be better for me. I would like to enter this giveaway contest if allowed ???

Meet Gucci for his long fur...
    14440773_1050685398385391_5272725909614452125_n.jpg

Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
    dadams and lordmarcovan like this.
  7. lordmarcovan

No @spirityoda donation for November, then. I understand- life takes precedence. In light of your many past contributions, however, consider Gucci a candidate for November spokescritter, nonetheless.

Gucci.png

dadams, MontCollector and spirityoda like this.
  8. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

MY November contribution 2008 CANADA DAY 25¢ Color MOOSE Coin Set w/Stickers - RCM - SEALED
    [​IMG] 2008 Moose Z.jpg

9. lordmarcovan

@dwhiz- thank you!

Shall we give Roger another go in the Spokescritter contest?

Roger.png

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
    spirityoda and MontCollector like this.
  10. lordmarcovan

11. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

Sure

lordmarcovan likes this.
  12. dadams

dadams Supporter! Supporter

I've got two things for the November LordM & Friends Coin Giveaway:

2006 $1 Federal Reserve Note with an interesting Serial #

tn_2006FRN001.jpg

tn_2006FRN002.jpg

and a (1956) - २०१३ Mahendra Coronation set from Nepal

tn_Nepal-Set.jpg

dwhiz and MontCollector like this.
  13. dadams

Here is my pal Baxter Lee:
    tn_Baxter-Lee.jpg

14. lordmarcovan

@dadams- thank you!

Both prizes in the same lot, or would you prefer they go as separate lots?

15. dadams

Separate lots

16. lordmarcovan

17. lordmarcovan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.