[CLOSED] Preview and donor signup thread for LordM & Friends Giveaway #37

Discussion in 'Contests' started by lordmarcovan, Nov 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & odd Moderator

Update: this was going to be the December 2019 contest, then the March 2020 contest, and I kept falling behind in meeting the launch dates. So from now on, we'll just name the giveaways by their sequential number rather than the month and year. They will just happen when they happen, rather than sticking to a set monthly schedule, OK?

That makes this Giveaway #37.

Howdy, y'all. This is just a preliminary planning thread for next month's giveaway. It is a place for the donors and potential donors to post the pictures and descriptions of their upcoming goodies. For everyone else, it can serve as a sort of "sneak peek" at the upcoming giveaway.

Here is the pending prize lineup so far.
    (link may be a little slow to load)

Obviously, this is not yet a live giveaway. See the link in my signature line to go to the current giveaway.

I do not solicit donations for the giveaways, but so many people have spontaneously volunteered goodies to my past giveaways that we've ended up doing these bigger monthly group contests, and I think that's great. I'm happy to be the coordinator of such things. But since they're getting a bit more complex, I suppose we needed this planning post.

Anyway,

If you would like to be a donor to our upcoming contest next month:

• We will need clear picture(s) and a full description of the item(s) you are offering, by the end of the month preceding the giveaway.
    • Unless you prefer to be an anonymous donor, please do not offer to send the items to me. You will hold on to them until the end of the giveaway month, and ship them directly to the winner(s) after the drawings. This saves wasted shipping and reduces my workload.
    • As a donor, you may still enter the contest. (For example, @trogdor was both a donor and a winner in the August 2019 contest.)
    • Should the winner of your lot(s) happen to be in another country to which shipping would prove expensive, I'm happy to chip in and help with your expenses if you want.
    • There is also a clause in the rules which states we can substitute prizes- like a PayPal gift, for example- in cases where a prize would cost the donor too much to ship internationally.
    Here is an archive of the past giveaways, for reference.

As a new little side thing, just for fun, we're also going to let donors post pictures of their favorite pets (past or present) here, and do a little poll later on, to choose which pet gets to be the "Spokescritter" of next month's giveaway.

:cat::chicken::bear::beaver::cow::turtle::pigeon:

Devyn5150, Theodosius and Chris B like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lordmarcovan

My prizes for the upcoming December March contest will be the same as they were for October and November.

[​IMG]
    Prize #1 (from "lordmarcovan"): winner's choice of any item from my "Pick Bin" list

[​IMG]
    Prize #2 (from "lordmarcovan"): a three-piece set of 2019 custom "Lord Marcovan" elongated coins, on silver Mercury dime and Wheat cents

My candidate for December's "Spokescritter" will be Tipper the Cat, who was better known as "The Swevil", since she was known to be both sweet and evil, depending on her mood. (Almost always sweet to me, but occasionally evil to the other cats. She was a Queen Bee diva type. She disappeared last August, and I miss her dearly.)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
    Mike185, eric6794, spirityoda and 5 others like this.
  4. SchwaVB57

SchwaVB57 Well-Known Member

I will get in the Christmas spirit early and donate a Dollar Package including a 1921 Morgan Dollar(UNC), 2001 P Sac Dollar, 1971 Ike Dollar, 1979 Susan B Dollar(AU) Near Date, and a 2018 P Innovation Dollar(UNC) IMG_1385 (1).JPG IMG_1386 (1).JPG

Mike185, dwhiz, furryfrog02 and 7 others like this.
  5. lordmarcovan

Nicely done, @SchwaVB57! Very nice lot- festive backdrop and all! Thanks!

Got a favorite critter, past or present, for the donors' Spokescritter contest?

Johnny Nashville likes this.
  6. SchwaVB57

SchwaVB57 Well-Known Member

Oreo, gone now, but lived 19 happy years. IMG_0015.JPG

7. lordmarcovan

8. trogdor

trogdor Junior Member

MontCollector and Stevearino like this.
  9. lordmarcovan

@trogdor- thank you! You have all of November to get the Stack's-Bowers prize ready, if y'all wish to do that again. I'm sure the past winners have been enjoying the books y'all donated in previous giveaways.

We can use Fish Ortega for your mascot/spokescritter candidate.

[​IMG]

10. lordmarcovan

11. Hookman

Hookman Well-Known Member

I can believe that "Sweevil" moniker...... Just look at the Evil Eye she's sending to the camera !

Stevearino likes this.
  12. lordmarcovan

I cropped out my hand in that picture, which was pulling her ears back and causing that steely-eyed squint. Nobody else would have gotten away with that. ;)

Theodosius and Stevearino like this.
  13. Hookman

Hookman Well-Known Member

I........LIKE......IT !

lordmarcovan likes this.
  14. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

For December test set 5-vert.jpg
    Here's Beasley...he's dead too beasley.jpg

15. lordmarcovan

Fabulous. Thanks again, @dwhiz.

(You have nice taste in felines, too, it would seem. Was Beasley another Maine Coon Cat? Looks like it.)

Stevearino likes this.
  16. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

Yep, got him from the pound

lordmarcovan likes this.
  17. lordmarcovan

On hiatus for a little while. Will play catchup ball when I return.

18. lordmarcovan

Have rec'd prize pics from @swish513. Will upload those when I get around to catching up here. That will be Prize #6, as @dwhiz's contribution above was #5.

@swish513 - do you have a favorite critter mascot you'd like to share for the Spokescritter contest?

19. Mainebill

Mainebill Wild Bill

B25F9F87-CE10-4C13-8C82-195B8551D68F.jpeg C34C9D04-0E4E-4F68-BEF9-BE5C75C2166C.jpeg D958FE1E-D6CE-4997-9027-CA04D6ED0DF3.jpeg I’ll get you something when I get home later it’ll be something interesting of us coins though I’ll nominate the late great Salem. 7 toed diabetic traveling companion of mine until 2012

20. Mainebill

Mainebill Wild Bill

FF493140-31CE-4E9E-A075-F8F0147C7012.jpeg Ok so my prize is a near type set of seated dimes lacking only the no drapery. Plus a bonus coin. It also includes every mintmark on seated dimes
    1838-o
    1853 arrows
    1856-o
    1873-s arrows
    1876-cc
    Some have a good amount of honest wear but spent years in southern and western commerce. All have original surfaces but the 88 which has an old cleaning. Thanks

21. swish513

swish513 Penny & Cent Collector

I have never had a pet, nor am I a big animal fan, but a couple of years ago I walked out of my house to see this...
    front yard.jpg

Not sure if I'm too late with the nomination.

coinsareus10 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.