Chinese panda - silver bullion

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by annie21, Jan 30, 2006.

1. annie21

annie21 Senior Member

chinese panda produces many variety of gold and silver bullion coins. it always have an obverse panda on it. it came with different panda design for each year. because of low mintage and beautiful design. it always have some premium attached.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

I have a few Pandas including some that are for want of a better term 'Blued' I do like them but have to say that I prefer the Aussie 'Kookaburra' and the UK 'Brittania' :D

De Orc :)

4. gxseries

gxseries Coin Collector

The chinese panda is currently minted on gold, silver, platinum and palladium.

This is an example of what I have:

[​IMG]

Pretty and not too expensive.

PandaAmerica http://www.pandaamerica.com has a large selection of Chinese Panda coins as they are one of the official distributers of the Chinese mints.

5. Bonedigger

Bonedigger New Member

I haver one Panda. A 2001 I believe :)

Bone

6. elaine 1970

elaine 1970 material girl

chinese panda

where can i buy chinese silver panda less than $20.00?.

7. marksman01

marksman01 Senior Member

there is always stuff on ebay. especially pandas, i see them all the time.

8. gxseries

gxseries Coin Collector

You can get counterfeit copies under 20 dollars so it's best to check out from whom you are buying from.

9. Aidan Work

Aidan Work New Member

Don't ever buy them from an eBay vendor who gives their location as being in China,as corruption is rampant over there.plus China is also a scammer's paradise,as is Indonesia & Burma.

Aidan.

10. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

no place. No even Ebay has them for under $20. (at least none i have watched)

11. gxseries

gxseries Coin Collector

Disagree, nowadays fraudent sellers just register their location in US or have a hacked account so just don't count on where the coins are based in. Like it or not, a fair amount of counterfeits have been sold to the US and there are some sellers who just don't know they have one. What's next, add US to the list of fraudent market?

Moral of the story: know what a genuine coin is supposed to look like. Most counterfeited pandas don't have a denomination as well as the weight is not a full ounce. Article to read: http://www.ngccoin.com/news/enews/2007/April/article4.asp

And finally, if you can't trust ebay, you can trust online dealers such as Pandaamerica, http://www.pandaamerican.com or PandaUSA http://www.pandausa.com/

12. marksman01

marksman01 Senior Member

i have bought some coins from china on ebay, its true they are shady. i try not to buy anything out of north america.

13. AnemicOak

AnemicOak Coin Hoarder

Yes, a lot of the fakes coming out now are from China (not everything is fake, but most). The same place a lot of the bootleg DVDs & CDs on ebay are from.

14. elaine 1970

chinese panda

i like chinese panda uncirculated silver dollar dated from 1989 to 2007. these coins were standardized as to fineness and size.

15. jaytant

jaytant Active Member

$22 is the lowest I can find from someone I have relaiblyl bought from before... $20 - very small chance!

16. elaine 1970

chinese panda

i just found $20.95 each. but maybe you have to buy more than 10 pcs.

17. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

ok then, where?

18. gopher29

gopher29 Coin Hoarder

I would buy them from Apmex. Yes, you are going to pay a little more than on Ebay but at least you know what you're getting is genuine.

www.Apmex.com

19. elaine 1970

mintage

can anyone posted mintages of gold and silver chinese panda coins?. thanks. p.s. i got some years mintage but not complete.

20. krispy

krispy krispy

Draft saved Draft deleted