Chinese counter-fitting mint

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by ERROR HUNTER, Feb 24, 2010.

1. ERROR HUNTER

ERROR HUNTER Coins,Stamps

China uncovered a counter-fitting making coins from chain large cents, to gold coins here are pictures.There are even proof dies and fake slabs.All coins in the pictures are fake.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ERROR HUNTER

ERROR HUNTER Coins,Stamps

more horrors

Attached Files:

4. CoinCast

CoinCast Member

WOW thats all i can say

5. hrhomer

hrhomer Member

Ancient news. There are threads here linking to a news video about this with the same images. Sorry, but it's been known. Scary, true, but old news...

Joe

6. quartertapper

quartertapper Numismatist

Unfortunately, as fast as these places are being shut down, new ones are popping up in other places. My dislike for China grows with every story.

7. dctjr80

dctjr80 Senior Member

I wouldn't buy a Chinese coin from China at this point :)

8. krispy

krispy krispy

Yep! Super bad stuff. While these images are widely distributed and known about, it sure is still a good to remind everyone now and then. It's even better to post your source when borrowing pics and quotes from other sites:

from About.com

Inside a Chinese Coin Counterfeiting Ring

Photos of Counterfeit Coin Dies, Minting Machinery, and Fake Coins

The Coin Talk Rules: #5 – Copyright violations, defines some of the etiquette we all need to try to follow in this regard. :thumb:

9. richardthebrave

richardthebrave Junior Member

i would still buy from China if given the chance, but I will only buy from Chinese banks selling commemorative coins and nowhere else.

10. stealer

stealer Roller of Coins

Interesting how in the pictures of fake slabs they are all "Cleaned". Yet another reason to not but weird slabs.

11. ikandiggit

ikandiggit Currency Error Collector

12. panda

panda Junior Member

i knew about this, but never seen the pictures. just crazy, is all i can say!

thanks for posting these...

13. 10gary22

10gary22 Junior Member

There have been many articles published about the mint in Shanghi that specializes in fake US coins and grading Slabs, even an on-line tour. It is legal in China for them to make replicas of other people's currency and they believe they are offering a service to collectors who cannot afford genuine coins. LOL

Caveat emptor.

14. hontonai

hontonai Registered Contrarian

It's not just Chinese coins that are being counterfeited. Any coin worth more than a few cents is fair game for the Chinese (and, for that matter, Bulgarian and other) factories; and Chinese counterfeits are being sold everywhere, including Canada and the US..

Draft saved Draft deleted