Chicago International coin Fair

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Just Carl, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Just Carl

Just Carl Numismatist

Don't know if anyone is in the area nor interested in going to a coin show. If so, I just got notified about the 34th Annual Chicago International coin Fair. Thursday, April 23 to Sunday, April 26th, 2009. Location will be at the Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare Hotel. 5440 north River Road, Rosemont, Il. 60018
    On the notification is states for more info go to www.cicfshow.com
    If you need any info on how to get there, let me know. I live about 5 miles from that place. If familiar with the area it is right next to the Rosemont Threater and accross the street from the Convention Center.
    We could meet in the bar area of course.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Just Carl

Just Carl Numismatist

Forgot the important thing. The Thursday is for Professional Preview and cost $50 for those of you with lots of money.
    Friday and Saturday is $5 for a two day pass. Sunday is FREE.
    I would assume the parking is the same as last year, $11/day.

4. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

carl,

I might be interested in going Sunday. I had not planned on it, but I always like to meet fellow CT members

Maybe we could get 5 or 6 of us to meet there!

5. Just Carl

Just Carl Numismatist

I too like Sunday the best. Many dealers at this show start leaving on Saturday and the ones left are a little desperate if things are not going well. Also, sunday is FREE.

6. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

for serious collectors get there on friday morning if not thursday. $50 is worth it. I wont be attending the show this year for the first time in many years. :( what a bummer there were always great coins to be had there my poor indian collection sigh

7. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

Spock,

I viewed this as a social occasion rather than a purchasing opportunity. Maybe you could steer your way clear to come and just visit with us and let the coin show be secondary.

I agree that by Sunday most of the dealers will have left and for those who want to find something nice to buy I don't think that Sunday will yield nearly as much to look at. However I'd still like to meet you.

Noodle

8. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

I will be there Friday and Saturday. I leave for home Sunday morning.

9. Just Carl

Just Carl Numismatist

I've always liked this show just to see what is floating around out there. I seldom buy anything at this show due to the inflated prices. I really don't blame the dealer for the high prices since so many come from other areas, pay for food, lodging, etc and the sale of thier coins is what pays for that. Still it is fun to check all of the coins out. Lots of wishfull thinking.

10. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

Mike,

Believe me if i could come i would but i am more than 15000 miles away :(

Draft saved Draft deleted