check this out

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by micheldura2, Mar 27, 2010.

1. micheldura2

micheldura2 Senior Member

I know that a lot of 1992 D's look similar to this...I think this is extreme machine doubling...what ya think?:smile

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. micheldura2

one more

Attached Files:

4. micheldura2

i can't get it big enough:desk:

Attached Files:

5. micheldura2

:desk:

Attached Files:

6. micheldura2

i do not know how to get the lighter one bigger..idid the same thing as the others..oh well....

7. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Try photobucket.com

8. micheldura2

9. financeman

financeman Lincoln Cent Connoisseur

I agree with you. To me it looks like machine doubling. Still a cool coin to look at

10. fishaddicit

fishaddicit Senior Member

This will be my only response. Have you noticed a lack in people posting to your threads? You continuously post coins in which it is evident that you have not researched or learned anything that the forum has tried to help you with. I only say this because I was "kinda" in a similar predicament when I started. You really need to take a look at what you are trying to get from the forum or even from collecting coins. Get some books, research, or even pay attention to what is being said. I'm HONESTLY trying to help but YOU have to want to learn from the experience and guidance here. When you post MD, PMD, etc.etc.. This is just my opinion but you are really loosing the concern of the knowledgeable people on the sight. Take it for what you want and just remember that I'm not trying to be rude but helpful.

11. micheldura2

This will be my only response...I wish I understood why there are people in the world who choose to think that there is only one way to see things. I wish I understood why someone feels the need to embellish their moral fortitude towards myself, and then to feel the need to re-assure; as if my feelings had just been hurt. I have been told here to Pay attention to what is being said. It is ironic...because from this site I learned what machine doubling was, and is this lincoln cent not machine doubling? I thought it was a cool coin to look at. This forum has some individuals that have helped me out. You do have to remember that I am not just a "coin collector", I am a mother, a wife, a friend and human being. I do not have time or inclination to learn every aspect of this field in one day, one month, or even onehundred years. I learn at my own pace, and do not judge others pace. I think you might need to look at a bigger picture. sincerely, Michelle

12. mecha1166

mecha1166 Junior Member

I think it is a great example of machine doubling, can be used to compare others against. I am trying to figure out between what each looks like. This one is very clear. It is usually a slight, slight difference tat is hard to see. Thanks for the closeup shot!

13. Prospector

Prospector Member

uh, it's LOSING not Loosing and it's SITE not Sight. Honestly, just trying to help!

I have some of those too Mecheldura, they are interesting so I clean them and put them in flips regardless. Some of the machine doubling is so severe they do resemble DDO.

I found this 1936 in some eBay specials today. I researched it and it doesn't fall into any of the known variety types on Coppercoins. It also
    has a double eye-lid.

You can't see it on these pictures and I can't get the USB Cam to focus in on it but under the lower part of the B in Liberty it looks like a "D' is under the west side of the letter.

Attached Files:

14. micheldura2

I see a very faint D under liberty..dropped letter? Kinda reminds me of the 1980 D that they did away with.. oh, and I just got a great 1969 S with the same kind of doubling..pretty cool to look at:) My guest room is now my penny room....they are everywhere...ahhhhh and I can't seem to get enough...
    [​IMG]
    [FONT=Verdana,]1980D-1OM-001 [/FONT]
    [SIZE=-1][FONT=Verdana,][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1].[/SIZE]

15. Prospector

Prospector Member

I feel your pain.. I have them everywhere here too all in different areas for different reasons and intentions , I need a bigger desk now. I opened my last rolls off eBay for a while ( I tell myself today). Although you know most are searched they are still unresistable if you get them cheap, which is the only way I do . I decided I have enough to last me and actually have more or as much fun searching bank rolls and it is alot cheaper. If I find one Mint State-Like Wheat in a 25 dollar box it's worth it to me since I take the unused ones back to them anyway. I average 7 or 8 Wheats per box and have found some pretty nice wheats in shiney uncirculated condition lately and plenty of errors.

I wasn't aware of that 1980 D error, something new to look for in my stash, thanks Michelle.

Here's one I found and it looks like a die piece of lincoln's hair chipped off onto the coin.

I found this 1971 DDO ( second one ) in my stash too the other day but it has some damage.

Attached Files:

16. micheldura2

Those are a couple of really neat finds..It really does look like Lincoln's hair....what year is that one? Have you checked coppercoins on the 1971? I have fun looking through the bank rolls also. I bought just one....lol more roll of wheats to go through for awhile...(yea, right) I went to a coin shop here last week called Loops,...they have so many of the coins that I would love to have. I do really need to quit getting and start really organizing some of these coins...it will take me most of the summer if I start now.:) Love those Lincoln's:):high5:

17. Prospector

Prospector Member

The first one is a 1963. it's pretty dirty so it's hard to tell what that chip might be. It also has some weirdness about the E in Liberty too. I'm still researching it.

The 1971 has been thoroughly checked out on Coppercoins and the Lincoln Cent Resourse site. it's idententical to the one in my Avatar only I cleaned it after realizing it was so damaged. I use it for comparisons now.

I'm actually headed over to the bank in a few minutes to redeem some checked pennies and I'm going to fight the urge to buy more..LOL.

I'll probably end up buying nickels, it might be my new addiction if not Indian Head Cents. Here's my theory. " You might find only 1960 small dates and they might only be worth eight bucks or so a piece but, if you collect 1,000 of them over a time span of a year that's 8,000 dollars in value." The last box of pennies I bought I found eight wheats, two 1919 S's a 1929 and a 1930 and a few 40's and 50s. I have also found BU 1937's and 44's and 54's in boxes in BU condition. That sort of makes it too much fun. All it takes is one good coin out of the whole box to make it fun.

Good luck with the organizing ( pounding head )

Oh, and take it from me, I've spend thousands on eBay on rolls. There is good sellers out there, you just have to reseach them and trust alittle and yes, it is somewhat of a gamble but use Common Sense, Intuition and Logic and it can be pleasant.

Peace!

Draft saved Draft deleted