Check out this deal.

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Andy, Feb 16, 2005.

1. Andy

Andy Coin Collector

Amazon is pre-selling the fifth edition of the Standard Catalog of World Gold Coins by Krause for 63.00 dollars and at no delivery charge if you take the bulk postage option. I have seen it listed for pre-sales for 100 dollars elsewhere. I already ordered mine and I think it was a good deal.
    I also found a website www.powels.com that sells never sold or hardly used coin books. I picked up a six edition of Friedbergs, "Gold Coins of the World..." for 30 bucks. I would like to think that it was also a good deal and I am not overkilling with both books but I really want to start a serious collection. As for my posting this, well I have been given plenty of good leads from others in the past and I am trying to do the same in kind. If these were not good purchases then I hope someone will reply as such to save someone else some money.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. crystalk64

crystalk64 Knight of the Coin Table

I have purchased used editions off of Ebay and new editions, usually a year old, from Overstock.com for quite a lot less than issue price. If one does a little shopping around there is ALWAYS a better price. I must assume you are referring to the "hard back" edition with a retail value of $100? One thing is for sure, look for the bargains when it comes to books!!!

4. Andy

Andy Coin Collector

Hey crystalk, I saw that you got red lined elsewhere. Ironic that the color red was used. Anyway, both books are hard covered. I was checking out e-bay and didn't see anything I wanted when I was looking. I realize that GD put out a heads up on a book of my interest but I had to much going on then to take advantage of it. As for Overstock.com, I think it is a great site overall and was a good suggestion that you posted.

5. silvereagle82

silvereagle82 World Gold Collector

Andy,
    The book GD referenced can be still found at ebay site for Vernon coins.
    It is a buy it now for $49.99 i think

6. Andy

Andy Coin Collector

Thanks Silvereagle for updating me. I will keep Vernon in mind for future purchases.

Draft saved Draft deleted