Canadian Reference Books??

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by ndgoflo, Mar 5, 2005.

1. ndgoflo

ndgoflo Senior Member

Hi all, I'm about to start on a totally new collection. Canadian Large Cents 1858-1920. Don't know why, but I have been finding myself drawn to that series lately and I don't even have one example in my collection. Well I was browsing ebay and came across a Capital holder for the entire series (w/o varieties) and took that as a sign that I should put together a set.

The thing is, I don't have ANY reference books for Canadian except for the Standard Catalog of World Coins. Do any of you have any recommendations for grading guides, price guides, or even any general references of Canadian coinage?

I have my eye on the Standard Grading Guide for Canadian Coinage and a copy of 2005 Charlton. I assume that they are the equivalent of the ANA Grading Guide and the Red Book?

Any comments are welcome.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Defiant7

Defiant7 Enjoy the Insanity

I Have a 2004 edition of Charlton. It has several pages on Canadian large cents. Yes it is similiar to the Red Book but no colour photos.

4. ccgnum

ccgnum New Member

Besides Charlton, Haxby would be my next pick.

5. Aidan Work

Aidan Work New Member

Ccgnum,what is Haxby? Is it an edition of 'Coins of Canada' by R.C. Willey & J.A. Haxby? I've got a battered 3rd Edition one, whereas,another member has got a 20th Edition.

6. ccgnum

ccgnum New Member

Yep, that's it.

7. Aidan Work

Aidan Work New Member

Thank you for that.How's thing's been over there in Canada?

Draft saved Draft deleted