Canada $1 Dollar Bill

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by acodym, Sep 20, 2009.

1. acodym

acodym Junior Member

Hi I was just to my local flea market and there was a guy there selling Canadian $1 and $2 Dollar Bills. I bought 1 of each. I was just wondering how you tell if there counterfiet or not. And if you know the price you could sell the $1 dollar bill for. Is is uncirculated and in a plastic case.its from 1973. just ask is you need more detail.

thank you

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. north49guy

north49guy Show me the Money

A pic would be great to determine value, but the main difference is the signatures and serial #s. I can help you out with prices if you provide at least serial #s and signatures!

4. acodym

acodym Junior Member

ok i will post a pic in a minute.......the serial number is AMU6330136

5. acodym

acodym Junior Member

how do u add pictures??

6. north49guy

You go advanced and then click the paperclip button to attach a picture on your computer to the thread

7. acodym

acodym Junior Member

There not very good pics but this is all i can take of them.

100_1289.jpg

100_1288.jpg

8. north49guy

With that serial # the $1 bill is probably worth about $3-5 Canadian in uncirculated. Also I hope that pricetag is on the plastic and not the bill or else it will bring down the value.

9. acodym

acodym Junior Member

the price tag is on the plastic! I probaly wouldn't buy it for $4 dollars if it was on the plastic! How do you know the price buy the serial #?

10. north49guy

The 3 letters infront of the serial are the real indicators. Some are more rare then others. Usually ones with an X in the letters indicate rarer ones. I would suggest the book "A Charlton Standard Catalogue, Canadian Government Paper Money 22nd Edition" for info on serial #s and prices accordingly.

11. acodym

acodym Junior Member

ok thank you very much!

Draft saved Draft deleted