Buying Bullion?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by CanadianCharles, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Where would be the best place to buy silver bullion for close to melt value?

I'm looking to purchase a little bit of silver bullion coinage(Maples, ASE's, ect.) for melt, does anyone know where the best place to purchase this?

Thanks Charles

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. andrew289

andrew289 Senior Analyst

That sounds to me like a search for the holy grail.

4. elaine 1970

elaine 1970 material girl

you want cheapest way to obtain silver bullion coins. then you at least have to buy 500 pc or more. for am eagle silver dollar. buy one piece might cost you few dollars over melt. try to buy private silver round or bar. that might cost you a cheaper way to get what you want.

5. maksimfa

maksimfa New Member

If you want bullion in hand for close to spot, then you have to go to the junk silver route of 40% and 90% coins.

You are not going to buy ASE, Maples, etc for close to spot from anyone, excluding the trial offers from littletoncoin, UCB, First american Reserve.

The mint sells monster boxes of ASE's to dealers at a premium to spot. The dealer has to then distribute and make a profit.... unless the business is in the process of losing money, aint happening.

6. Tater

Tater Coin Collector

Where's the best place to buy a big green box of 500 ASE's?

7. maksimfa

maksimfa New Member

Let me know, I can get you a quote at basicly dealer pricing, shipped.

8. Plyngntrffc

Plyngntrffc New Member

are you basically looking for just raw silver poundage...if so look at small/medium bars...ebay is decent especially if you can find free shipping.

9. elaine 1970

right now the mark up is quite high for american eagle. other were also high like chinese panda. few years back is only $1.50 to $2.00 premium. now is several dollars i quess. luckily all my 2,000 pc were bought between 1988-1992. so i never buy any am eagle silver bullion since then. 2,000 is enough for me. my average cost is around $6.50. i was able to buy some at $4.75 and as high as $7.00.

oos... i forgot to tell you that i also got free 3 pc each of am eagle silver dollars for my magazine subscriptions from 2005 to 2009. i don't think they will offer free am eagle silver dollar again. i would consider my subscriptions were quite cheap due to silver price moved upward. 15 pc am eagle silver dollars. so my total should be 2,015

10. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

11. elaine 1970

if i hit a 300 million dollars lotto. i will open up a bullion dealer and or a bullion wholesaler. i will order and subscribe many gold and silver coins from the mint. i will attend all the coin shows around u.s. every year. business, pleasure and travel at the same time. i hope i am not dreaming.

Draft saved Draft deleted