Bufflalo vs: eagle

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by elaine 1970, Sep 23, 2008.

1. elaine 1970

elaine 1970 material girl

i wonder we the collectors really like which one?. in case we decided to keep one only. wow, its hard to choose one. what about you?.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. elaine 1970

buffalo vs: eagle

it seems we got only few buffalo as compare to a lot of eagle designed (both obverse and reverse). and from cent to twenty dollars i think.

4. Robert 29

Robert 29 Senior Member

After purchasing the original Silver Buffs, I so impressed that I had to have one of the Gold one's!! I got the first 2006 Proof Buff. I still think it's one of the best coins ever produced by the mint!! Didn't like the $800. price at the time but things have worked out nicely since!

5. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

Buffs all the way! Sold all my AGEs this summer so I could buy the new AGBs. No more AGEs for me.

6. elaine 1970

counting

do you know how many buffalo and eagle coins?. when counting, please include commemorative and modern commemorative. gold, silver and copper. let's see if our figures tally........

7. mark_h

mark_h Somewhere over the rainbow

Neither - I unloaded all my gold bullion coins(except for silver eagles) earlier this year. I really like the older stuff better. Just my choice. :)

8. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

I don't like the gold buffalos. I like the AGEs, the gold commemoratives from the 80s, and the $20 gold liberties. I don't like the $20 saints as much as the AGEs.

9. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

What is your question?
    Are you asking to count how many coins have been minted with either a buff or eagle on them? Are we talking only modern coins or all coins. Does the AGE series count as 1 or are you counting each year as 1?

10. elaine 1970

how to count/.

i would said all american coins. each denomination also count as one. also mint mark, proof and unc. gold, silver.\, platinum, palladium and other cheaper metals too.

11. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

Give me two weeks... I don't have the time to go looking now. I should be studying now as I type. My test is next Friday and I will done from all this grueling work. :desk:

12. elaine 1970

counting

no problem. i will wait for the result.

13. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

Elaine, you will have to remind me. My brain is fried now and will be soot by the time the test is over, so remind me after next weekend and I will count.

14. elaine 1970

counting

don't worry, i will.....

15. elaine 1970

please combine it.

moderator: please combine buffalo vs eagle and eagle vs buffalo. thanks.

16. elaine 1970

buffalo won

honestly, buffalo is way better than eagle. but the eagle dollar is the best.

17. elaine 1970

figures

what is the latest mintage for lunar double prosperity two pieces set?.

18. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

I have not seen any mintage values for this set. I know the total mintage for each coin would be included with all the other half ounce coins of each type. A guy in my coin club bought the set and he said he was going to bring it in during the next club meeting so I could see it. I would love to get it, but with gold down in the 700s, its just not worth it.

Spock would be shocked that I am saying this too. :yawn:

19. elaine 1970

8-8-08 double prosperity set

8-8-08 two pieces double prosperity set is one of the best for collection. it include an attractive box with two pieces of half ounce gold. one american buffalo and one american eagle.

20. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

I concur, but at $1200... just a tad bit too high.

21. elaine 1970

8-8-08 set

yes, it was too high. and there is no way that the mint will lower down its price.

Draft saved Draft deleted