Buffalo Commemorative

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by shatsi, May 16, 2006.

1. shatsi

shatsi Senior Member

I was looking for only the UNC but ended up getting the set. I would probably sell the PF but that is at a later time, I'll hold till the prices increase a bit. This is my latest addition, I would like your opinion on these two please. There are no visible spots on the coins.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Looks like ya done good - I can't see anything either :thumb: But estimating a grade in the upper ranges is tough without larger pics so that's about all I can offer.

4. shatsi

shatsi Senior Member

Thanks GD, appreciate it!!

5. vipergts2

vipergts2 Jester in hobby of kings

great coins

I love those buffalo dollars, they look great. They are one of the few commems I don't have that I really want. Great buy!!:smile

6. Mikjo0

Mikjo0 Numismatist

I was fortunate enough to pick one up for a very low price because it was missing the certificate of authenticity.

Attached Files:

7. shatsi

shatsi Senior Member

I think I'll send the PF buffalo for grading. Who's a better grader for modern commemoratives?

8. GDJMSP

How do you define "better" ?

If it were me, I'd send it to NGC - others will answer PCGS. So take your pick.

9. shatsi

shatsi Senior Member

What I meant is, Some times you hear collectors says NGC is a better grader for Franklins than PCGS but that would be from a buyers point of view.

I was thinking of NGC too as most say PCGS tends to overgrade. Although I will be selling it down the road but I'm curious to find out what grade it would get. I also want to get a good return when I do sell it so I can add back to my collection and PCGS still leads.

:confused:

10. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

PArdon me for a second Shatsi, I just want to interlude and say those are fairly nice coins. At one point I was kind of hot to get one of these, but now I'm thinking that I'm not so hot to get them. I think this design is better in the Nickle. Normally Silver is better, but the Origianl Buffalo Nickle design is very unique. And the fact that the background is not smooth in the Nickle makes it a real work of art.

Ruben

11. shatsi

shatsi Senior Member

Hi Ruben,
    I really like them. I wanted UNC for my collection and thought I'll sell the PF because I was not very interested in the PF before but now since I have it I do like it. I guess I'm still mid way trying to decide. If I sell it on the other hand I can buy something for my collection. Who knows maybe it'll come PF70!!!!!

12. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

You would sell it on ebay?

13. GDJMSP

To be quite honest, for this particular coin, the difference in realized prices between one graded as PF69 DCAM by PCGS or NGC is minimal - sometimes there is no difference. So again, were it me - NGC.

As for that PF70 - I wouldn't hold my breath.

14. Danr

Danr Numismatist

15. shatsi

shatsi Senior Member

That's the only way I know how to sell it.

As for PF70, no I'm not counting on it so much.

Draft saved Draft deleted