Book about silver eagles

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by dotts, Jan 27, 2005.

1. dotts

dotts New Member

If anyone knows of any good books about Silver Eagles or US bullion coins that may have a good section on them it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. susanlynn9

susanlynn9 New Member

I've hunted around and can't find a book that's devoted to silver bullion coins. I found a couple of sites that discussed gold bullion coins. Sorry I couldn't help you out. :(

4. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

dotts -

What exactly is it you'd like to know ? Perhaps I can provide the info ?

5. Speedy

Speedy Researching Coins Supporter

I don't know of any books on ASE and haven't even heard of any--why don't we CT members take it upon ourselves to write it? !!!

Speedy

6. GDJMSP

Sounds like a plan - you're elected ;)

Ya never know - it might even help ya graduate from whippersnapper class :D :D

7. dotts

dotts New Member

GDJMSP :

I guess what I was most interested in was what made the mint decide to start making them in 1986. Was there any type of history behind it that would be interesting? Also, I was wondering if possibly there were any different varieties or not. Thanks.

8. GDJMSP

Not too much to tell in that regard really. The reason they decided to start making them was simple - profits.

As for varieties - none that I have ever heard of. But there are 2 error/varieties - the '99 $5 & $10 with the W mint mark struck on business strike planchets.

9. dotts

dotts New Member

Thanks GDJMSP;)

10. Speedy

GDJMSP
    I know that was just a joke but I would really like to try--(No promises) ;)
    It would take a lot of time and work and a lot of looking at ASE (MS and PF)

I would never be able to write a book like some guys could, but I can sure give it a try. ;)

Thanks for putting the idea in my mind....maybe I'll get out of the whippersnapper class yet!!!...it sounds like I got a new school subjet. :eek:

Speedy

11. susanlynn9

susanlynn9 New Member

I think it's great that you want to try! Go for it! You're right. It would take a lot of time and effort - but look at the rewards, not to mention the incredible amount of knowledge you would gain. Tell you what, if you write it - I'll buy the first copy :D

12. coinsngolf

coinsngolf Member

Go for it speedy! I will buy the second copy with your autograph of course. It may be possible that your book would be allowed to fit into one of your English requirements.
    coinsngolf :)

13. GDJMSP

Actually - it wasn't a joke. It was a challenge. But only because I KNOW you can do it ;)

14. Speedy

The knowledge is what I need the most :D
    Thanks for your kind words.

This is even better..someone eles who would be desperate enough to read what I would write ;)
    Thanks coinsngolf :D

Thanks GDJMSP

Speedy

Draft saved Draft deleted