Bicentennial Quarters

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by kudegras, Nov 21, 2009.

1. kudegras

kudegras Kudegras

I have a glass bell with about 200 of these inside it.I really enjoy them and was wondering if anyone else is a big collector of these?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. HULL COINS

HULL COINS Member

I hold on to them. I have about 50 of them from rolls. I just like them because they were only issued for a year.

4. krispy

krispy krispy

I've always like the designs on them. I regularly collect them from circulation, find them pretty often still, then sell them in auctions when I have a few rolls worth. They sell pretty well in rolls: Without any special promoting of them in auction other than stating they are all collected from circulation, over the last couple years, I've sold single rolls for approx $25 and have done a couple of 3 roll auctions that bring about $55.

Also, the 3 piece Silver '76 Proof set is nice too.

5. krispy

krispy krispy

Actually the were coined between 1975 and 1976. As this dual date coing (1776-1976) served for the 75 and 76 quarter designs issued.

6. Art

Art Numismatist?

I've never thought of selling them. I just turned two rolls into the bank.:headbang:

7. HULL COINS

HULL COINS Member

oh sorry. Please excuse my ignorance on Bicentennials. I just keep them. but Cointalk is educational, so thanks. So does that make my 1975 regular quarter rare?

8. HULL COINS

HULL COINS Member

I have never sold them. but krispy you seem to have great success with them

9. krispy

krispy krispy

Eh! A 75?

10. HULL COINS

HULL COINS Member

Jk i don't have one. I knew there wasn't a 75 but I didnt know why until you told me today. Maybe something the red book should have? or did i miss it?

11. krispy

krispy krispy

Red book just has the section on the bicents being coined in 75 and 76.

12. Mr. Coin Lover

Mr. Coin Lover Supporter**

I also have about a roll of them I have gotten in change, most on cruise ships getting change to do laundry with. I like the design and have a BU P & D as well as a silver and clad proof. Never will be worth much, but in my opinion a beautiful and historic coin.

Draft saved Draft deleted