better for investment purposes, rolls of ASE's or morgna's

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by urbanchemist, Mar 26, 2008.

1. urbanchemist

urbanchemist US/WORLD CURRENCY JUNKIE

i was thinking about picking up a couple BU rolls of either morgans or ASE's. i dont know what year for either yet. i just really wanted some feedback from other forum members regarding this before i plunk down some $$$. thanks

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. HelloNewman

HelloNewman New Member

I personally would do Morgans because theirs numismatic value to those above the melt value. Unless the ASE are a certified registry set, their value is mostly going to be in bullion value. I admit I'm bias and jealous because I'm obsessed with Morgans and would love to buy a roll right now!

4. Leadfoot

Leadfoot there is no spoon

Whichever you can get for closer to spot.

That said, I don't view either one as a good "investment".

5. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Common date Morgans of lower grades have little if any numismatic value because of the high silver price right now. Now if you got a roll of truly BU Morgans, that would be a different story.

But I don't think either of them would be a good investment either.

6. urbanchemist

urbanchemist US/WORLD CURRENCY JUNKIE

thank you all for you views. i think i might keep looking around for something good to invest in. for now i will just keep collecting for the true enjoyment of it. :high5:

7. clembo

clembo A closed mind is no mind

If you're looking for "investment" start digging into sleepers in ALL categories NOT just silver.
    Even then it's a crapshoot.

In the meantime collecting for enjoyment works really well. ;)

8. coleguy

coleguy Coin Collector

What Clembo said
    Guy~

9. kidkayt

kidkayt Senior Member

Hi Grade ASEs

10. Magman

Magman U.S. Money Collector

Yup, collecting what you like works well :)

11. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

The hands down best choice for investment would be ASEs at the lowest price you can find. They will move with the price of silver. Coins with numismatic value aren't suitable for investment, in my opinion, unless you are very very sure of what you are doing and plan to out-negotiate a dealer someday regarding their premium above melt value. Another way of saying this is -- ASEs are easier.

12. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

... gets my vote!

Draft saved Draft deleted