Best price on shipping?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by talley, Jun 11, 2009.

1. talley

talley Member

I am looking into buying some bullion online.
    I was curious about everybody's opinion on who offers the best price on shipping? Anybody offer free shipping?
    I'm not looking to make a huge bulk order, just a couple ounces from time to time. Thanks for the help!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Argento

Argento Perplexed

Just bullion? eBay. Stick to reputable sellers dealing in slabbed bullion coins or sealed PAMP bars. Lots of them offer free shipping, plenty have 100% feedback over lots of transactions and most carry the PayPal buyer's insurance up to $2000.

Only way to fly.

4. talley

talley Member

Really? eBay seems high to me, even with the free shipping option. I can buy locally, but I was just looking for some variety.

5. Blue Angel

Blue Angel Senior Member

Why would you want a slabbed bullion coin?

6. Blue Angel

Blue Angel Senior Member

Talley, I have done the best deals in small quantities, with individuals met here on the web. You can post up what you are looking for in the "open" thread and usually someone will send a pm with an offer. There are other websites also that have forums where you can do these transactions. I personally would never buy anything off of Ebay....

7. Argento

Argento Perplexed

if you don't know what you are doing on eBay then yes it is sketchy. If you know what to look for, eBay has the best deals you can get for bullion.

Also you buy slabbed bullion for the same reason you buy sealed PAMP, it's another level of authenticity

8. madkiwi

madkiwi Junior Member

I think my shipping is fair- for example I charge a flat $17.95 for Priority Mail on all orders over $1000 (one oz gold) and insurance would be $12.70 of that (on two oz the insurance would be more- but I absorb the extra).

Madkiwi

Draft saved Draft deleted