bear in your yard

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by jimmy_goodfella, Aug 6, 2004.

1. jimmy_goodfella

jimmy_goodfella New Member

not about coins but intresting enough.A long time friend of mines who lives in northern canada.He has a cabin on a lake, Where he like me has a passion for fishing.

This weekend out at his cabin was his uncle who is in the photo (very funny) a black bear decieded to pay them a visit.He climbed up a tree 2 yards from the house and stayed over an hour.Hes just a pup realy but pup or not ya just dont wanna mess with these fellas.

So from the safety of the cabin by the lake he took this picture.lets just say no-one went out the cabin for that hour.Being in the uk this sure beats a rabbit chewing on your grass in the morning.

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ziggy29

ziggy29 Senior Member

I suppose it could also be a bit scary, but I think it would be just awesome to live out where critters like this come and go. (But not bears, not too often, anyway.) We very nearly moved to Alaska before I took a job transfer to Texas (much different, yes?)

And the best reason not to mess with even a cub -- especially a cub -- is because mama is probably near, and while bears will *usually* leave people alone who don't bother them, nothing gets a bear riled up more than someone messin' with the cubbies!

Draft saved Draft deleted