Are you watching gold price in after hours trading ?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Yankee, May 20, 2009.

1. Yankee

Yankee Senior Member

I wonder whats makeing the gold price climb so fast tonight!

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Danr

Danr Numismatist

from 5-18. Looks like I called another one right.

"
    GLD is an exchange traded fund that tracks the price of gold. And yes there is a rumble in the market around gold right now, this is not the first that I heard of it. Gold may pop up soon.

I will go out on a limb and say that gold will pop up soon. ($917 today for the record)
    "

http://www.cointalk.com/forum/t53010/

4. etc

etc Junior Member

Inflation...

5. Tater

Tater Coin Collector

keeping up with silver. silver has been on the move.

6. Magman

Magman U.S. Money Collector

good thing too, I paid 14$ an ounce nearly 2 years ago (I think) and its back to it again (finally).

7. John the Jute

John the Jute Collector of Sovereigns

The price of gold in pounds sterling has hardly changed.

I suspect that what you are seeing says more about the troubles of the US dollar than it says about gold.

Later,

John

8. Chicago Slim

Chicago Slim Junior Member

Gold prices seem to spike overnight. I assume that it's buying in Asia (China?). The US dollar has hit a record low, the the stock market is due to re-test the bottom. I expect gold to edge up, then come back down with the next rally. I see it acting as expected.

9. Pepperoni

Pepperoni Senior Member

Gold and the dollar

I think the dollar vs gold is the problem. I am not sure the average family can buy enough gold to stave off inflation.
    Printing money is bad economics to cover massive buying and lending by the feds.

Pep

10. Yankee

Yankee Senior Member

Its climbing fast again today approaching $950.00

11. Yankee

Yankee Senior Member

$950.81 and bouncing! Something just happened to the euro. Dollar still falling

12. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

The first statement is false. The USD Index is still above 80. It's been significantly lower.

The second statemen combines a falsehood with a guess. Nothing in the stock market is ever "due." And you are guessing that it will retest. Maybe it will and maybe it won't. But to state is as fact is wrong.

13. Chicago Slim

Chicago Slim Junior Member

It must have just been a coincidence that the DOW dropped 1.5% yesterday, and gold went up 1.5%.

Excuse me, for stating an opinion.

14. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

Of course it is a coincidence. Surely you aren't claiming to be able to call daily price moves in advance?!?

15. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP

Yup. Just check out the prices at your nearest gas station. Once again it's taking more dollars to buy the same fuel that was 2.00 a month ago. The fuel and it's availability hasn't changed.

16. elaine 1970

elaine 1970 material girl

twenty four hours a day.

Draft saved Draft deleted