APMEX coin giveaway

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Dammage, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Dammage

Dammage Junior Member

Hey everyone. Just got an email from APMEX. They're doing a free gold and silver coin give away everyday. All you have to do is register.

Bonne Chance!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Wall St and stocks, where it's at

Neat, but what if you are already a registered customer?

4. krispy

krispy krispy

got that message too and already registered myself, an existing customer

5. krispy

krispy krispy

you can enter once a day for the next 30

6. danisanub

danisanub Finance Major

You can still do it then.

Here's a coupon code for either (I forget) 5 or 10$ off next purchase over 100$

Code: GACG9

7. PeacePeople

Registered and hope I win something. Gold eagle??? 1/10 would be very satisfactory....

Thanks for the heads up, but the last 2 times I used a coupon code they had expired.

8. danisanub

danisanub Finance Major

I just got the code, so it should be working!

9. PeacePeople

Did they send it to you or did you pick it up while browsing?

10. danisanub

danisanub Finance Major

After I registered they said thanks and gave the coupon code in the next screen

11. PeacePeople

I was closing up when I registered and didn't pay attention. Thanks though.

12. danisanub

danisanub Finance Major

tough call, I don't know much about morgans, but the seller has sold a lot. I don't know if I believe the whole estate thing he said either

13. PeacePeople

I rarely pay attention to that stuff or care about the story. How many people have collections passed to them or donate/sell their coins for charity. I took down the link, bad form, but wanted to pass it to you in case raw coins were your thing. I'm into them, but I try to pay as little as possible. I've never paid over $180 for a coin and don't plan to, unless I hit it big time. (even then my conservative upbringing would make me very aprehensive) That 78cc ended at 310.

14. Krayzie

Krayzie Junior Member

well that sucks they dont ship outside the US

15. danisanub

danisanub Finance Major

Yeah I wouldn't pay that much unless I'm buying a bullion coins at or near spot. I spent 242.60$ today, the most I ever spent on a coin. I almost feel sick :crying:

16. PeacePeople

You can also look at it as you invested 242 in something that may make you a nice return. You can pay $242 for a tv or 4 pairs of shoes and they are all going to wear out. Which one is better for you financially?

I had a 78 cc that was xf and I sold it last weekend. I made a little on it and paid $130 for it, so now I am trying to upgrade. I would have hit that if it went for under or just over $200. When I saw 310 I didn't know what to think. I wonder if the top end for these coins is going to go through the roof this weekend. There seems to be a lot of nice coins going through right now, raw, and a whole lot of money is paid for them. I might go see if I can buy rolls of dimes for $50 to $55 a roll. I don't really like the dimes, but I love paying spot for US mint silver coins.

17. danisanub

danisanub Finance Major

Yeah that's why I'm doing it anyway, better return than interest in my bank and than my stocks have been doing. I might have to sell all my bullion next summer though when I get a new car! :eek:

18. PeacePeople

Please tell me you are not buying new. I spent 10 years in the auto industry at retail and it is the worst as far as expense. If you can make more that 10% on your bullion and pay less than 6% for your loan, do not sell, get a loan.

19. danisanub

danisanub Finance Major

I'll probably buy an 07 or 08. I have an 03 right now.

And yeah, I was more of thinking for my downpayment, since I need to pay college tuition. And my interest rate is 6%, so it's a pretty low interest loan.

I figure I can make some short gains with my silver bullion and hold onto my gold for many years

20. PeacePeople

Good man. I think the opposite on the gold and silver however. I think the profit potential of silver is higher than gold. I keep looking at the historical norm of 1-20 and that silver should be at 47.50 because gold is at 950ish ( I don't pay hard attention to gold, obviously). It could be that it is a complete new ballgame and it could also be that gold is over-valued right now and the bottom could drop out. Net result, IMO, is silver is safer and more liquid if only because of all the industrial uses, and definatly not overvalued. (again, just my opinion)

21. danisanub

danisanub Finance Major

That seems right, which is why I try to keep equal money on silver and gold

Draft saved Draft deleted