Anyone know TCS in Indianapolis??

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by CW5000, Nov 25, 2008.

1. CW5000

CW5000 Member

I'm still new at this but,

I read on CT that if I were to but the state quarters I shouldn't pay more than 2x face value....

That said, I looked around and found such a deal.

When I received the set, I was really disappointed.

They said the coins would "probably" arrive in flips but what I got was 5 coins in each side of a single flip!!!!! 10 coins per flip!!!!

Some had really visable scratches on them but on the other hand some had the beginnings of OK toning..........

Is this the norm or did I get hosed??

Do any of you think I would have any chance of sending back the bad one for a replacement? ( I haven't checked on the return policy yet, if they even have any)

Thanks in advance,

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. coincrusader

coincrusader New Member

best bet is to go to the bank after the quarters come out and get a new roll, or just buy a new roll from a dealer

4. CW5000

CW5000 Member

I mean that I had none of them, I just started collecting this month.
    I'm not looking for serious "slab-worthy" coins, just nice UC....
    At the moment, I'm trying to complete all modern US coin series' as close to UC as possible. That's why I bought them in the first place. Just thought they would take better care of them and ship them properly......

I haven't gotten to rolls or anything, just looking at my coin stashes etc....

5. mark_h

mark_h Somewhere over the rainbow

Well I don't think so - not for .50c a coin. I really have not checked my dealer for just uncirculated coins - not sure what they sell them for. Of course my friend went to the bank and bought rolls as the states came out. I have had him bring me a few and they were beat up. Me - since I did not want to spend money on this collection. I just pull them from my change. I just want the complete set - not really worrying about MS. Just my 2 cents worth.

6. CW5000

CW5000 Member

I'm not worrying about MS either, just thought they would be more responsible since they know someone who would buy them would most probably be collecting them???

Draft saved Draft deleted