Anyone Going to the Tucson Coin Show this Weekend?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by The Penny Lady®, Jan 13, 2010.

1. The Penny Lady®

The Penny Lady® Coin Dealer

Just a heads up that the Tucson show will be held at the Tucson Convention Center (260 South Church Avenue, Tucson, AZ) on Friday and Saturday, January 15-16.

Contact for more info:
    Tony Tumonis
    POB 89792
    Tucson, Arizona 85752

Phone: 520-744-9856
    Lith57@aol.com

I will be set up there, as will Rick Snow and about 60-70 other dealers.

Anyone else going?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ontime1969

ontime1969 Junior Member

Hey penny lady, yes Im going to be at the show on Saturday after my nephews birthday party. I should be there for the whole afternoon and Im very excited. I hope there will be plenty of dealers left. This is going to be my first coin show, so im a not sure how to prepare. I'm looking forward to visiting your table and Rick Snows table. I have Mr Snows book on Indian head cents, maybe he will sign it for me...LOL. Is this show usually big? Are there any nitch coins that you see here in Tucson that you don't see other places? Thanks for any info I can get before coming.

4. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Hey Charmy, Is that a pretty big show?? How does compare in size to long beach??

5. Ahab

Ahab Member

Yes, I am going Saturday to sell some old US silvercoins and buy whatever strikes my fancy.:D

6. The Penny Lady®

I'm glad to see you all are coming! I look forward to seeing each of you, so be sure to stop by my table.

And OnTime, that's great that this will be your first show! It's a medium sized show, not comparable to Long Beach! This one will have maybe 60-70 dealers, while Long Beach has hundreds! And I'm sure Rick will be happy to sign your book.

Just bring your want lists, price lists, a good loupe, and lots of cash (many dealers don't take credit cards).

7. silvermonger

silvermonger Member

Tony is a class act and its always a professional event with fine dealers and exciting coins.

I will be there after carefully emptying my pockets of cash and credit before leaving home.

8. randygeki

randygeki Coin Collector

too far away for me :( lol

9. cerdsalicious

cerdsalicious BigShot

defintely going to try and make it, just depends if we end up going to vegas or not
    But if we dont I am going to your booth.

10. Kalmetam

Kalmetam Junior Member

Yeah I live in Hawaii... I live 3000 miles away... not an option

11. ontime1969

ontime1969 Junior Member

Im getting excited, too bad I have to work today and tomorrow (Thurs and Fri). I have a couple of Questions

Are the booths labeled with the owners company? Does anyone Know if backpacks allowed in the hall? I would assume that they give a map with the locations of all the sellers, but I also assumed that credit cards would be almost exclusive used. I will be hitting the ATM machine before arriving at the show, thanks to Pennyladys information (Thanks).
    I have a few ideas now that I will try and stick with, perhaps a mix of them:

• Finish out my Silver Washington Quarter by getting either the 1932 D or 1932 S in VF or EF condition
    • Work on my Kennedy Half Dollars (Random Dates Needed)
    • Educate myself with Indian heads and Lincolns, and maybe buy a Key date
    • Buy a Gettysburg Commemorative coin EF or AU depending on price

OR

• Buy nothing but silver Franklins (This would be a new series for my collection)

Or lastly

• Buy nothing and look at as many coins in hand as possible.
    I really wanted to take advantage at the show getting things that I would not be able to find in town at the regular brick and mortar stores. Most of the above ideas I can do in town as there are many good shops here in Tucson. No matter im sure it will be quite fun. Cant wait to see some CT members.

12. Magman

Magman U.S. Money Collector

but I'm going, lol

Charmy, I'll be there, but probably only Saturday because although I'm leaving Friday I don't think I'll get to Tucson until around 5:00.

13. The Penny Lady®

I will have a large red sign behind me, but I'm not sure if all the booths will have their names visible. But don't worry about it, the show is not that big - you'll be able to stop by every table easily in one day.

Backpacks, briefcases, suitcases, bags, etc. are definitely fine. As always, cash talks. I'm headed out in an hour - see ya'll there!!

14. randygeki

randygeki Coin Collector

sedona is almost too far for me lol :goofer:

15. Magman

Magman U.S. Money Collector

haha. Well, I'm sure you'll see our reports at the end :high5:

16. randygeki

randygeki Coin Collector

:goofer: I guess its supposed to snow 4 feet here :goofer:

Draft saved Draft deleted