Anyone been to ancientcoins.ca?

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Jhonn, May 17, 2006.

1. Jhonn

Jhonn Team Awesome

If my electrolysis experiments work out OK, I think I might purchase some uncleaned coins to make ship-shape and identify. Anyone else been to this site?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. AnemicOak

AnemicOak Coin Hoarder

IMO electrolysis would be a last ditch only type thing for unleaneds. Use distilled water or olive oil first & see what those can do, then maybe a little gringots #2 or something before zapping them.

If you're interested in uncleaned hit the uncleands forum at http://www.forumancientcoins.com to pick up some tips & some good dealers for premium uncleaneds.

Ancientcoins.ca has a decent rep in general, but I know nothing about the reputation of quality their uncleaneds have.

Personally I've tried uncleaneds & find I'd rather spend my dough on one or two choice examples, but some folks really like them.

4. gmarguli

gmarguli Slightly Evil™

I've purchased some stuff from them. Overall, I was OK with what I received. Quality can be a little hit and miss, but was decent for the price.

5. Jhonn

Jhonn Team Awesome

Good to know. They seem like an pretty reputable place. I just want to try my luck at cleaning some ancients, be they Roman, Greek, Indian, whatever.

Draft saved Draft deleted