Any SoCal Gold Miners on board?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by BNB Analytics, Oct 9, 2009.

1. BNB Analytics

BNB Analytics New Member

If so, would you be interested in taking a very ambitious young guy out with you? :)

Or, do you know of a source to where I can go to meet gold miners out here.

I am very interested in learning the craft and maybe even plucking a nugget or two ...

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. coleguy

coleguy Coin Collector

I used to go out and look for gold and gemstones, but I just don't have the time these days. I was in the GPAA http://www.goldprospectors.org/ and they sponsor all sorts of events including trips and outings to look for gold. Plus with membership you gain access to thousands of claims you can search on. Hope you have some luck!
    Guy~

4. krispy

krispy krispy

ABC News Nightline reported on modern day gold rush

Video links:
    Modern-Day Gold Rush: Recession spurs new interest in Gold panning in California from 3/29/09

Gold Diggin': Panning for the precious metal pay off with current sky-high gold prices. from 10/24/2008 (Wales, UK)

This is a cool old documentary from the National Film Board of Canada,
    City of Gold (21 minutes)

5. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Here is a rock--hounding group that takes field trips in L.A. area. Often they have get togethers and trips that involve gold.

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/LA-Rocks/

Generally, such groups have specialized groups interested in just gold-digging. Like coin collecting, involves equipment and time, but the weather is now better. Many of the groups have claims that members can work, and I use the term strickly. It is a H**** of a lot of physical work. My local club has a gold group and is very cautious of new members and visitors, so joining is almost a necessity.

Draft saved Draft deleted