Another Real D'Or

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by GDJMSP, Mar 12, 2005.

1. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

It took me two years to find my first example of this coin - never really expected to find another. But last week I did :D

The 1546-56 Real D'Or of Emperor Charles V, struck at the Brabant mint in the Netherlands.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Bluesmanmoney

Bluesmanmoney New Member

GDJMSP You know your about two inches away from giving me the gold bug. I mostly collect upper end key and semi key lincolns and choice bust halves, I like to Overton them myself. But last night I looked at beautiful gold coins, and looked and looked and looked and looked. Somewhat infectious..................LOL

4. GDJMSP

Somewhat infectious ?? - why it's a rampant disease :D

If you think looking at pics is bad - you should see what happens once you hold one in your hand :eek:

5. Andy

Andy Coin Collector

GD keep this up and maybe we can finally have a gold coin section. Lets see You, me, goosen, Joesmom, Bluesmanmoney, maybe Speedy in a few more years....are there any others out there who have the bug or starting to get it?

6. silvereagle82

silvereagle82 World Gold Collector

Count me in and I'm also sliding to the darkside (except for my O-Mint Morgans and ASE)... I just love the Panama Balboas and they have them in silver and gold :D

7. cush66

cush66 New Member

Always had the bug just never had the money LOL!!!

8. Andy

Andy Coin Collector

Silvereagle, I looked up those Balboas and they are nice.

cush66, Hey, I go to movies to watch them not to buy them and then talk about them later, I don't see why the same can't be for the gold coins.
    and to repeat a theme that GD said to Joesmom you might be suprised to find that you can find european gold that goes for less then American silver at the same grade level.

Gee GD if I held one of your coins in my hand, my feet might start moving.........:)

9. Aidan Work

Aidan Work New Member

GDJMSP,that is a nice gold coin from the Spanish Netherlands.I have never seen Spanish Netherlands coins in such good condition.I have seen a few Ducatons,but they were quite worn.

10. GDJMSP

Well it wasn't known as the Spanish Netherlands at the time, but Brabant. Thanks for the kind words ;)

Here's another example of the same coin, only this one was struck under the authority of the Austrian Netherlands - Click Here

11. Aidan Work

Aidan Work New Member

GDJMSP,I have seen a lot of those copper Liards from Namur,but like the Ducatons,they are also usually worn.What's the price of gold been like so far?

Draft saved Draft deleted