Another eBay gem!!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by mikenoodle, Oct 29, 2007.

1. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ROGERWILCO357

ROGERWILCO357 New Member

bad news?

i saw you listing for the penny but didn't understand the part about the bad news report or if they would believe it?

4. hontonai

hontonai Registered Contrarian

What he's talking about is their guarantee:
    In 1991 the only proof cents were minted at San Francisco, not Denver.

What a bunch of jerks!

5. ROGERWILCO357

ROGERWILCO357 New Member

ahh i get it i was wondering what that meant

i thought it was a member here trying to sell it and was thinking what kind of forum is this lol....hey your up late do not set clocks till next week ...i am disabled and on pain meds that don't really work so i am up all the time i have alot to live for like my 8 kids ...do you really want the whole bio where would that go in the garbage file lol...godbless all our troops

6. gatzdon

gatzdon Numismatist

So has someone alerted the coinfacts website to let them know that their stats are off by 1 for proofs minted in Denver??

7. mikenoodle

someone needs to call Coin World to alert them of this rare coin!

8. 900fine

900fine doggone it people like me

LOL :thumb:

Looks it's an estate sale. [sarcasm]Can't believe E-bay would have a bad estate sale coin.[/sarcasm]

9. Phoenix21

Phoenix21 Well-Known Member

The ignorance of people amazes me. :headbang: :headbang: Lol, people amaze me in general! :D

Phoenix :cool:

10. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

The ignorance of people no longer surprises me. In fact, I am at the point where I am surprised that people actually know somethings.

11. greglax45

greglax45 Coin Hoarder

Amen Rlm! Amen!

12. Brennn10

Brennn10 Coins =

It seems people are becoming stupider and stupider. Or is it just Americans?

13. gatzdon

gatzdon Numismatist

Wow, someone paid a whole $1 for that penny. Time for me to list all my 2007D proofs. I got a whole box of them a little over a month ago. To think, I dumped $2500 worth of pennies into that change counter at the bank.

14. clembo

clembo A closed mind is no mind

As an American I can say this! We may be getting more stupid.

As a whole we've been very ignorant for a long time.

15. monkeyman

monkeyman Coin Hoarder

makes you wonder if you put 2,500 2007 D unc cents on ebay if all of um would sell for a dollar?

16. Coinlover

Coinlover The Coin Collector

i like how they added value estimate $25-$30. that means a whole roll of 1991D uncirculated cents would go for $1250! :rolleyes:

17. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

" There are only two things which are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. And I'm not too sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

18. 900fine

I am fortunate to work with folks from all over the world every day. I count it a great blessing.

My office mate is British, my office mate before him was from Somalia by way of UAE (a very dear friend).

I am in face-to-face contact with people from 30 different nations from every continent every day.

I can assure you Americans have no monopoly on ignorance or stupidity; it is widespread.

19. clembo

clembo A closed mind is no mind

I don't doubt that for a second.

The reason I separate stupidity from ignorance is, of course, they are two VERY different animals. Many people are stupid, many more are ignorant.

20. 900fine

Right on !

Fortunately, ignorance is an easily cured disease. CT helps me with mine !

Sadly, stupidity is a much tougher customer; CT can't help me there. ;)

21. mikenoodle

I think it was Ron White who said it best when he quipped:

"Ya can't fix stupid!"

Draft saved Draft deleted