Andrew Jackson's First Spouse Gold.

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by alhas, Aug 21, 2008.

1. alhas

alhas Senior Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. 900fine

900fine doggone it people like me

Gold spot today = $835.60. That means this coin has $417.80 bullion value.

Other First Lady coins are selling for ~$450 on The Bay.

4. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

as usual they are out of their minds

5. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

I think they are shooting for a new mintage record, the lowest mintage yet.

6. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

well all they have to do is make the price 5000$ and they will only sell 2 pieces :D

7. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

Yep, and I will be one of those idiots who buys one. :headbang:

8. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

ill be waiting for you when you sell it to me below melt a few years down the road

9. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

Sure, as long as melt is $620. :D

10. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

way to go you will still lose :) :D this is so much fun

11. Danr

Danr Numismatist

thanks for the news, much appreciated. The mint really are odd aren't they.

12. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

Remember what I said..... We collectors, who knowingly purchase modern coinage from the mint, do so, not because we have hopes of future riches, but rather for the love of the coin itself and a need to complete a collection. We do this irregardless of the price or value of the coin. Does it stink that the coin is priced ridiculously high? Heck ya. But apparently, not all the complaining in the world will get the mint to change their prices.

And what you talking about!!!???? Your going to be right there with me! :p

13. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

I'm completely behind Joe on this one. I buy lots of supposed junk from the mint just because I love the design. It may never be valuable to anyone else but it's the world to me...that's what collecting is all about.

I think the Jackson design is terrific and may turn out to be a rarity one day....just look at the mint stats on 1st spouse coins after Jefferson. Sadly I must pass on this one....savin' my money for the 2009 high relief St. Gaudens. Hoping bullion doesn't skyrocket again....we'll see.

14. green18

Hey....aren't you supposed to be studying? (LOL):mouth:

15. 900fine

900fine doggone it people like me

Then it's not junk !

For some reason, there's a lot of complaining the mint puts out too many designs. That's like complaining LL Bean has too much stuff in their catalog. It just doesn't make sense.

If I don't like it, I don't buy it. Why complain ?

Right on !

16. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

Who me???? :hatch::whistle:

17. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

I told you Ken, I will be jumping on here every now and then to keep all you guys in line! :loud:

I guess that is one of the perks of having internet access while I work. In my business we sometimes do a lot of waiting around for things to happen. Years ago, I would be sitting there bored out of my mind.... but now I just surf the net while waiting. I have tried studying while at work, but you can imagine how tough that is, especially when everyone is hanging around wanting to talk.

18. green18

Glad to hear from you Joe....Seen you posting here and there. Remember, all work and no play.........

19. Danr

Danr Numismatist

It is funny that they have a 10 limit. They are pretty out of touch. oh btw when will they stop offering the coins that did not sell out?

20. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

they dont look out of touch it looks like there are at least 5000 people who will buy this monstority

Draft saved Draft deleted