Anacs

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by zaneman, Apr 6, 2006.

1. zaneman

zaneman Former Moderator

Well, my fiance sent two coins to ANACS to be graded for me, and she paid for the 5 day service, and the mail was sent out priority 14 days ago. She called again, because she paid for email service, only to find out that ANACS hadn't gotten any mail in 9 days, and they still haven't opened the 5 day service packages yet. I'm pretty disgusted at the elapsed time. :headbang: I told my fiance the next time she sends out coins to be graded, she should use PCGS :D

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. 09S-V.D.B

09S-V.D.B Coin Hoarder

1. Wasn't there another thread about ANACS service (or lack of it) yesterday?
    2. Arn't the guaranteed submission times calender days, not business days?

:eek:
    PCGS is still the reigning king of long submission periods. :yawn:

4. Charlie32

Charlie32 Coin Collector

ANACS is now lower than ICG in my book...

Charlie

5. zaneman

zaneman Former Moderator

ANACS is on par with PCI now it seems.

6. TOLS196024

TOLS196024 New Member

I sent some coins in for the 5 day service back on March 22. I haven't received them back yet either. So I guess that makes two of us who aren't too happy with ANACS at the moment.

7. Leadfoot

Leadfoot there is no spoon

With all due respect, ANACS is just getting over the hump with thier recent move. I'm sorry to hear of your delays, but it is to be expected. Rather than venting on this board, have you tried to contact ANACS customer service? They are usually willing to go above and beyond to make their customers happy.

From what I've seen the new ANACS slabs are well graded. I think your wait will be worth it...Mike

8. TOLS196024

TOLS196024 New Member

I understand that they're in a time of transition, which is why I'm not terribly suprised by the delay. That being said, I did pay for a guaranteed service which they did not provide.

9. Leadfoot

Leadfoot there is no spoon

And you (both) deserve compensation. I highly suggest you call ANACS tomorrow and see what they offer. I know several collectors is a similar situation, and they have been taken care of...Mike

10. TOLS196024

TOLS196024 New Member

Thanks for the heads up Mike! By the way that's one beautiful Buff you picked up.

11. Burks

Burks New Member

You would be in the same situation with PCGS. They have no real excuse for letting 15 day submissions take 30+ other than "whoops". A lot of people are getting free grading out of the deal too.

That's the big turn off to PCGS, the wait.

12. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

The entire business is plagued by lousy service. I just waited 3 months for a coin. The TPGs had better pray every night that the China, Japan or India don't decide to get into the business. Good business practices are apparently elusive to the US companies. It wouldn't be the first industry to suffer because they thought that somehow they were immune from competition.

13. Midas

Midas Coin Hoarder

Worst yet, the services deposit your check (credit your credit card) IMMEDIATELY upon receipt, sit on YOUR money till it suits them, perform their service and hopefully you get your coins back within 100 days (economy service).

What a way to float money and make interest off of it.

14. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Nope - it's business days and weekends don't count. And they don't start counting the days until the coins go through the receiving process and are posted as being on the books. Also, if there is a coin show and the graders of that company are attending that coin show - the days the graders are at the coin show don't count either. So it's very possible that 5 days could very easily turn into 15 - and according to the way they count days - the grading company would still meet their deadlines.

15. zaneman

zaneman Former Moderator

Tols, You should also note that today and tommorrow are blackout dates, so who knows when we will get our coins? I'm predicting a while.

16. Danr

Danr Numismatist

I disagree, I like ANASC.

17. Charlie32

Charlie32 Coin Collector

Have you sent coins to them recently? On my last submission, all of the labels came back with smeared ink. The grading was lousy too.

Charlie

18. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

I'm hoping that my ANACS coins in the old holders retain their value. It was nice of ANACS to change the holders at the same time the grading service deteriorated so there is a clear distinction between the good grading and the bad grading.

19. Danr

Danr Numismatist

Not in the last year. But I do not use the fast turn around option (I am a patient man).

20. Charlie32

Charlie32 Coin Collector

The new holders aren't very tamper evident.:eek:

Charlie

Attached Files:

21. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Charlie - I'm not sure I understand your comment :confused:

Draft saved Draft deleted