American Silver Eagles, free?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by ryanbrooks, Apr 13, 2008.

1. ryanbrooks

ryanbrooks Active Member

I have been hearing a lot that if you call a certain company, they will give you a free Silver Coin, as long as you read their catalogs. It this true, or is it a scam??

Thanks, :smile
    Ryan

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Freddypm

Freddypm Member

I got one when I re-upped my subscription to Coins Magazine for 2 more years. They definitely expect something in return.

4. ryanbrooks

ryanbrooks Active Member

What company?

5. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

Some are genuine promotional offers and some are scams. If you post the name and some information about the one you have in mindl, some people here can probably tell you which you are dealing with.

6. ryanbrooks

ryanbrooks Active Member

Well, I do not know any companies, but I would certainly like to have a silver dollar for free! That is why I am asking..... Do any of you know some trusted companies?

7. walterallen

walterallen Coin Collector

I had a promotional ad from Coins where I would receive 12 issues and an ASE (2008) for the price of $25.00. To me it was a great deal. Silver being a almost 20.00 an ounce at the time. That would mean I could get the magazine for less then 50 cents an issue. I didn't buy into it only because my wife threw it out by mistake. Also I can use the internet to keep up with coin news and facts. More so I never use mags for price references, they are unrealistic IMHO.

Allen

8. Freddypm

Freddypm Member

THis is the same deal I got from Coins Magazine.

Freddypm

9. holz

holz holz

I got the same deal, and had to order the magazine.

10. elaine 1970

elaine 1970 material girl

free. yes

if you lucky enough to subscribe numismatic news, coin magazine and coin prices for three years. you can get three coins each year for three years. but i don't know if k p still offer that?.

11. gangsta99

gangsta99 Junior Member

OP you are thinking of the Discovery Coin Vault. They do a deal every year for a free SAE for $4.95 shipping. The deal is dead already this year.

If you have heard of the shopping forum slickdeals.net there is a huge thread about bullion deals over there below spot and this one was beaten to death with a stick.

I myself managed to get 33 2008 SAEs at $4.95 each from this offer before getting completely cut off. You had to listen to 10 minutes of hard sales and tell them no a dozen times before completing the call. Worth it though. They are considered a shady telemarketer and have been known to rip off the elderly with these deals.

12. Doug21

Doug21 Coin Hoarder

exactly. I did this deal too. came with a credit card statement.

Draft saved Draft deleted