American Banknote Company

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Lather, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Lather

Lather Time traver Numismatist

I have been getting into these American Banknote Co. Bills.. I Love them!!
    The Color is Great.. I love the 1928 and 1930 Shanghai Bills.. And the Cubans! The Look is so Americanized.. The Fonts.. Just Love them and wanted to share my new Finds..

Anybody have some to Show? Please do.. !!
    It all Started after my Father Died.. I found the 1970 Bill in His stuff.. It is un-circulated and Very nice.. I have had it for years then Notice that It was an American Banknote Co. Printed Bill.. I Started to research .. well That is How it Starts Sometimes I guess..
    Hope you Like them.. The Local Shop Does not really sell Foreign bills.. but had these in a Bin marked 1.00 Each.. So I grabbed them right up..

Attached Files:

PlanoSteve likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. RickieB

RickieB Expert Plunger Sniper

The designs that are capable of being put on a banknote from the Geometric Lathe does present infinite background, edge and decorative patterns of which notes can be processed..it is turly remarkable to see some of the work that has been performed on these. From my understanding there are very few men who are trained to operate one.

RickieB

4. Lather

So it is a different process? I dd a Bit of a Google Search on The Company.. But Pleae feel free to Educate me on the Difference..
    They are stunning.. I would love some info on the Shanghai Bills.. They surprised me when I found them.. They looked so Americanized.

5. MorganMan

MorganMan Member

American Banknote Co. is incredible. Here are a couple of other notes from Brazil by ABC

Attached Files:

PlanoSteve likes this.
  6. Lather

Nice! The Colors!

7. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

Amazing finds especially for a buck each. All beautiful notes. I don't think I've ever seen a ABC note that I didn't like.

My avatar is one of four ABC Columbian ticket stubs i have

Just ordered the third edition of the book from Amazon.

Attached Files:

PlanoSteve and Jaelus like this.
  8. Lather

I don't mind spending a few dollars on an Item I like, The Shanghai Bills are 1928 and 1930.. Couldn't pass that up.. Would have paid twice as much...LOL.

I will have to look on Amazon.. I need a few books..

9. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

ABC Washington & Democratic convention Ticket w/ Stub

Washington & Democratic convention Ticket w/ Stub

The Amory still exists though the roof is different on the reverse of the democratic convention ticket.

Attached Files:

PlanoSteve and Jaelus like this.
  10. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Outstanding examples guys :)

11. connor1

connor1 Collector

ABNCo notes

I've alway loved the ABNCo note from the obsolete US banks,but now I seeing Mexican,Cuban,Philippines & some other world notes that resemble US notes and are just as beautiful and in some cases more so,the range of color & engraving is endless and the prices of some are very reasonable.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I'm going to start looking for reasonably price ABNCo World notes in the future before they are out of the reach of my budget.

midas1 likes this.
  12. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Great note Bob!!:high5:

Is that part of a certain issue or Series??

13. Lather

Love It guys!!
    Wow those Expo Tickets are great and I can't tell you how bad I want that Democratic Convention Ticket!! That is HOT!!! Drool!! I Have a Bit of a Presidential Collection..

14. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

ABC 10 Cuban 10 Centavo Note

the reverse of the 10 centavo note is one of my favorites. When I get the time I want to find out if there is a name for the boat in the middle of the engraving.

Attached Files:

15. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

I discovered then started collecting ABC notes after browsing the currency thread here at CoinTalk. I was hooked the first time a saw them.

Thanks. I agree the convention ticket is pretty cool. I think having the stub attached to the ticket kicks up the value a little bit. I bought all of the paper posted here at a local auction. Don't remember what I paid for any of them. I'll stop by the auction place and pick up a print out of what I bought and what I paid.

16. urbanchemist

urbanchemist US/WORLD CURRENCY JUNKIE

okie dokie here are some of mine. :yawn:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

PlanoSteve and midas1 like this.
  17. Lather

These all are super.. Wow.. I am so Glad others like these bills.. I am still new to them but know what I like and I like these!! I want more.. I know that Printed Stock/Bond Sheets.. I have a few in my Hoard.. I need to look and see if they are ABC..

Thanks again for the Show.. All great items..

18. connor1

connor1 Collector

Rusty, I'm not sure if it was a series of early ABNCo printed 20th.centry Mexican Note,bought it many years ago but then got started on Obsolete US ABNCo ,some of the world currency guys here may know a bit about it.
    I bought for the beautiful muted colors & lathe work around the vignette,the back Aztec calender is very detailed engraving.
    If it is a series I would like to get a few others myself.

19. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

Some very beautiful bills in this thread!

20. Lather

Absolutely!!!!

21. krispy

krispy krispy

Lather: I too am greatly an admirer of ABNCo. There are a number of recent threads that have been active here on CT that you might like:

ABNCo

Western Bank Note Company & ABNC V's

Just won a ABNC item

Correct ABNC Piece arrived :)

ABNCo Archive Series

1893 Four Passes to the Columbian Exposition

Also, off CT, check out these sites:

Ken Barr Numismatics

Canadian Banknote Company

The ABNCo Archive Series portfolios are really awesome sets. I have the 1987, '88, '89 and '91 at this point. The 1893 World's Columbian Exposition Tickets are super cool too! I have the one Midas posted above with the vignette of the Native American.

Draft saved Draft deleted