ACC Graded 1926 $1 MS67 Detail, Cleaned

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by cdb1950, Apr 7, 2005.

1. cdb1950

cdb1950 Senior Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Art

Art Numismatist?

I can't keep track of all of the slabbing companies. Never heard of most of these.

4. cdcda

cdcda New Member

"MS67 detail, cleaned" is an oxymoron. There is no such thing as MS67 detail. Any coin lacking its original lustre due to cleaning cannot grade MS67 since, among other factors, this grade is assigned by judging the mint lustre and eye appeal.

Saying MS67 detail, cleaned is akin to saying its an uncirculated coin with wear.

5. cdb1950

cdb1950 Senior Member

Thanks. That's what I was thinking. Just wanted to see if I was missing something.

6. Midas

Midas Coin Hoarder

It is one of the reasons why ACG is NOT widely accepted. They figure the only way they can compete against the likes of PCGS and NGC is by suing them and anybody who has ever said anything negative about them.

Isn't their lawsuit thrown out yet?...or are the attornies just racking up their hours before they try to settle?

7. cdb1950

cdb1950 Senior Member

This is a new (to me) slabbing company, "ACC". I don't know what the initials stand for, and I'm pretty sure even ACG hasn't done anything this strange before.

8. Spider

Spider ~

the peace is cleaned so i would buy it

9. Speedy

Speedy Researching Coins Supporter

Spider--you would buy it or you wouldn't buy it??

If you would--I think we need to have a talk!!!

Speedy

10. Spider

Spider ~

lol oops not buy it :) lol :)

11. MorganFred

MorganFred New Member

Ultimately, it is the responsibility of the individual buyer to educate him/herself on the differences between legitimate grading services and those which are wannabes or personal grading services, the latter two of which have the sole purpose (bordering on or crossing into fraud) to sell coins at an inflated grade and value. At COINAF, it is our purpose to provide sources for this education, but as the old saying goes, "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink." meaning a smart buyer goes out and educates him/herself before buying while the uneducated buyer is going to learn his/her lessons the hard and expensive way.

12. palindrome

palindrome New Member

Ive been seeing a lot of slabed coins from no name graders recently, many people dont undestand that just because its in a slab dosent mean its been graded by someone who knows what they are doing, empty slabs can pe purchased relitively cheaply. and seem to bring a primium on ebay

13. Speedy

Speedy Researching Coins Supporter

Spider--just wanted to make sure.

Speedy

Draft saved Draft deleted